 FAQ / 74
Re: obLEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:08:20 GMT

John Matthews wrote:
What does the 'ob' mean?

It's the repeated, frustrated sound you make when you open a Town Jr. set.
It indicates a state of sticker shock.  :-,

Actually, "ob" is an abbreviation of "obligatory".  Among other things, it's
an old Usenet trick to insert an on-topic remark into an otherwise off-topic
message.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  Several groups, including Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders and
the Gnomes of Zurich Lawyers' Association, but probably not including Sun
Microsystems, plots with Denny's Restaurant to prove the National Parks
Council is within three degrees of Kevin Bacon, in order to poison pidgeons
in the park.