 FAQ / 259
Re: Linking between FAQ items (Was: [LDraw FAQ] Who wrote LDraw?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 16:47:37 GMT

Todd:

In lugnet.faq, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre Andersen) writes:
(see <A Href="#question-9">section 9</A>

Whoops.  This won't work in the current FAQ format, but we need its
capability.

Good you caught it. There is more of the same.

Can we assume that when we have a raw FAQ entry file named
"some_entry.en.faq" with the location header

   Location: /category/group/,/other/group2/

the FAQ web site will contain files named

   category/group/some_entry.en.html   and
   other/group2/some_entry.en.html

with the text from "some_entry.en.faq"?

No, because it's unlikely that the website will contain any files with the
.html extension -- they'll definitely all be generated on-the-fly (dunno
what the URLs will look like yet) with transparent caching of generated
content.

OK.

On www.ldraw.org it will definitely be files (I need the
processor to run X and other things).