 FAQ / 1362 (-20)
  Re: brickshelf recent gallery

(...) The first question that comes to my mind is: Has Kevin Loch, the webmaster there accepted your pictures or not. The reason is that every picture uploaded on Brickshelf will be moderated for being on-topic and appropriate for children. There (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: brickshelf recent gallery

(...) Hmmmmm not normal, but I have heard of it happening occasionally. You could try just editing the folder description, forcing re-moderation. It might show up the 2nd time around. ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: brickshelf recent gallery

(...) I uploaded the pictures yesterday and the folder has been made public, but I have not seen it in the recent gallery. Is this normal? - Stephen Pakbaz (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: brickshelf recent gallery

(...) Hi Stephen, Yes, it takes a certain amount of time. Brickshelf is moderated, and your pictures don't appear in the recent gallery until they're given the OK by the moderator(s). Your folder will also not be viewable by the general public until (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.faq)

  brickshelf recent gallery

Hello I've just created a brickshelf account and have loaded pictures. Everything has worked fine so far. However, my stuff does not appear in the recent gallery. Does it take a certain amount of time to appear or is there something specific I have (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.faq)

  PayPal finally has to ante-up (long read)

For those of you who have been PayPal members (between Oct 99 and Jan 04), this applies to you - but you should have received this already. It does not appear to be a hoax as links are on the PayPal site. I believe this realates to the many stories (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.faq)

  New Users Guide: Call for Volunteers

Dear LUGNET Users, One of the main goals of the LUGNET Tranisition Team is to make LUGNET more open and friendly to new members of the community. In that spirit, and full-filling my role as Content Coordinator, I am putting together a team of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq, FTX) !!

  Re: New group for LUG?

(...) You can't. There are no moderation or administration rights at the newsgroup level that are assigned. However, if what you mean is how do you become a curator(1) (2) then the answer is: read the newsgroup lugnet.admin.curators, especially the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.faq)

  Changing Email Address for Posting

I have a new email address, as the old one will expire soon. I filled in the posting application form for the new address but haven't had a response. Perhaps it was thought that someone of the same name but a different email address would confuse (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Whats better?

(...) Well you can create your own pages here on Lugnet (eg (URL) ), you can add a list of sets you own (URL) , create a profile page (URL) , and .. well .. probably a few other things that I forgot. Oh and you can become a group curator too. ROSCO (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Whats better?

(...) I have a nifty card that goes in my wallet. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Whats better?

I have a question, What can someone do when they are a LUGNET member as apposed to not being one? Can someone please answer my question? Erik Bush (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

(...) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I suspect RTL is more of a "wasteland" now than it ever was, at least in my view, based on my (and I suspect a lot of other people's views as well). (I say suspect because I haven't carried out an (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: RTL query

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.debate "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:Hoyz39.12rB@lugnet.com... (...) I'll The best way to solve newsgroup Signal to Noise problems is to set a good example and to drown out the noise with good (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: RTL query

In lugnet.faq, Neb Okla wrote: <snip> (...) Very true. That said, the history of LUGNET compared to the history of rtl where the 'quality' of 'LEGO related postings' (signal to noise ratio) is concerned, I'll take my chances with the admins here at (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HoywH4.MLM@lugnet.com... (...) and no (...) opverwhelming (...) the (...) justice is, (...) It's still an authoritarian system. It's good to see that you feel that justice is served and (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

(...) Perhaps the quality of RTL has gone up lately, now that there are less people there for the troublemakers to annoy. (...) Yes. It's good to have RTL out there as unconstrained competition. This forces the lugnet admins to be responsive to the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

(...) I'm not sure that's quite fair. You're arguing a subtlety that's actually incorrect, unless your definition of "quality" is so vastly different that it hardly is worth calling it "quality" in public discussion. Unless one considers that only (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

I don't want to use the web client. It's clunky. With NNTP, I can read posts offline, choose my NNTP client (thus finding a UI that is right for me), etc. Thanks for the info though. Now I know that throwing $10 at lugnet won't fix the problem. I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: RTL query

In lugnet.faq, Neb Okla wrote: <snip> (...) THen again, if you look at the history of LUGNET and the postings of individuals, up until relatively recently not much has had to be enforced and no one was banned, and the noise-to-signal ratio has been (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact