 Fabuland / 417
Re: a wandering mind . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:55:41 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Leah Cardaci writes:
In lugnet.fabuland, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Suppose more Fabuland figures were designed but never went into production
before the line was discontinued.  Many possibilities come to mind. . .
Owl
Moose
Squirrel
Frog
Kangaroo
Giraffe
Ostrich
Playing along with the fantasy, which of the above seem the most likely?
Which would you desire the most?  [any particular names for these characters?]
Other ideas/comments?

The owl, moose, and squirrel seem the most likely to be produced.
The neck of the giraffe and ostrich would be a problem

Great minds think alike- Sybrand Bonsma also noted this.  I tend to get
carried away with dreaming and often overlook whether something is
physically plausible.

and it might be hard to make a
kangaroo that was noticeably different from the rabbits. The one I'd most
like to see is Oliver (Ollie?) Owl.

Other Suggestions are:
-Rooster/Hen
-Beagle-like dog
-Chipmunk

A Beagle, or some sort of dog with ears that hang down, I think would have
been a grand addition.  Ditto for a Chipmunk.  This gets me to thinking
maybe a Skunk would have been a fun too.

Suppose there were more sets too.  Big sets...  what could they have been?
bobsled run
iceskating rink or riverside skating
bowling
bungee jumping
rainforest treehouse community
"jetsonish" cloud communituies
a winery
an observatory
Which of the above seem the most likely?
Which would you desire the most?
Other ideas/comments?

The ice-skating rink would fit in well with existing sets. I'd most like to
see the rainforest treehouse community as new subtheme.

I would love to see how you'd interprete a tree house community.  From a
BrickFest past, I know you not only have a gift for detail, but also sound
structures with all levels accessible.

A few other ideas:
-a theater or concert hall (With stage and seating for an audience)

There is rumored to have been a limited release Theatre set.  Anyone have
any more info on it?

-a park
-a museum

Any particular Museum concept/type in mind?
This could be the premise to take Fabuland almost anywhere...
Art, Natural History, Science, Transportation, Air and Space, ....

What professions could/should have been added?
tailor
plumber
tap dancer
ballerina
more musicians-
violinist
pianist
guitarist
saxiphonist
other ideas/comments?

More musicians, definitely.

An artist (painter) would be neat.
Cute!

missed several..and they are?]

What accessories could have been added?
TV
sewing machine
claw foot bath tub
food! pineapple, grapes, cheese
table lamp
violin with bow
piano
guitar
saxiphone
other ideas/comments?

I'd like to see all of those. To go along with the artist suggestion, I’d
also suggest a paintbrush and easel.
and maybe a paint palette too...and the beret.

<snip>

dreaming on...
Would you prefer, as an AFOL, that the Fabuland figures be the same scale as
present day minifigures?*   [why or why not]
If they were do you think they or the Fabuland line would still be in
production today?

I'm actually of two minds over this question. There are a few reasons I’d
like to see the Fabuland line use the same style as the nesquick bunny and
Studios werewolf:
A) added articulation
B) the ability to switch parts to customize within the theme itself
C) the ability to switch bodies/body parts with minifigs allowing for a
great deal of variety.

However, despite the advantages that style of Fabuland would bring I still
think it would be better if Fabuland has its own scale to give it a unique
identity.

*phrasing the question this way to try and get past child safety issues, and
what i suppose to be the original intention of TLC to have a transition line
between Duplo and System- size and contentwise.

-L

Leah, i look forward to hearing more from you over here in .fabuland

sheree