 Fabuland / 411
Re: a wandering mind . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:05:34 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.fabuland, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

dreaming on...
Would you prefer, as an AFOL, that the Fabuland figures be the same scale as
present day minifigures?*   [why or why not]

As someone trying to hoard all of the werewolves and Nesquik bunnies that he
can, I'd have to say yes. I have a project that I need these all for, but
really can't progress untill I can get a bunch of those bunnies for a lot
cheaper than the sporadic eBay auction. 8?/

If they were do you think they or the Fabuland line would still be in
production today?

Not the same way. Perhaps all minifig scale but with a more whimsical
bent...fun elements, lots of rounded parts, maybe a bit Seussian. I'd like
that.

Not addressing the question but, I really like oddballish curvy parts.  Dr.
Suess has always represented whimsey with a zen twist to me.

Strange point: when the first rumors of the soccer software started,
I'd heard about the possibility of non-human characters. I started
speculating wildly on how great it would be if there were many animal masks
for minifigs a'la the Nesquik bunny. I'd still love to see this happen as >well.

me too!

sheree

*phrasing the question this way to try and get past child safety issues, and
what i suppose to be the original intention of TLC to have a transition line
between Duplo and System- size and contentwise.

The previous thought of filling the Jack Stone/City Jr. slot with a Fabuland
replacement is correct. This would be the way to go, IMO.

Matt