 Fabuland / *547 (-20)
Subject:
Sybrand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:57:21 GMT

I try again. I sent a mail to you on your hotmail.

Please check or contact me.

BR
Sonnich

Re: Need help on photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:55:55 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Monica Castiglioni wrote:
Hello to all.

First of all:
I found this photos in a forum:
http://www.fabuland.net/images/totalsnow.jpg
That's great!
Is it done with some graphic utility? I love it.

Nice to hear you like it. It is done using MLCad (a design program in the LDRaw
package). I think only the door+frame are official LDraw parts yet, but I did
make some parts for the windows as well (although these should still be
improved).
The design was then loaded into POVRay (a raytracing program).

Secondo one:
I'm looking for a god quality scan of the cover of Fabuland catalogues,
something like this:
http://www.guerillagastronom.de/content/binary/fabuland.jpg
I couldn't find it with Google.

After reading your message here, I scanned a few Fabuland catalogs and put them
on the web. You can find them here:
http://www.fabuland.net/images/scan0001.jpg
http://www.fabuland.net/images/scan0002.jpg
http://www.fabuland.net/images/scan0003.jpg

Regards,

Sybrand

Thank you!

Monica

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode VIII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:21:18 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Edward Welsh wrote:
   Delicious work as always, Mark. When is one of the supermarket soap digests going to pick up your stories?

-Teddy

Thanks Teddy! A certain columnist over at the BrickZone Post-Gazette has already written several articles and dug up some dirt about the cast and the show:

http://brickzone.net/times/angie.html

(I have too much time on my hands.)

Subject:
Need help on photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:30:47 GMT

Hello to all.

First of all:
I found this photos in a forum:
http://www.fabuland.net/images/totalsnow.jpg
That's great!
Is it done with some graphic utility? I love it.

Secondo one:
I'm looking for a god quality scan of the cover of Fabuland catalogues,
something like this:
http://www.guerillagastronom.de/content/binary/fabuland.jpg
I couldn't find it with Google.

Thank you!

Monica

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode VIII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 04:16:05 GMT

Delicious work as always, Mark. When is one of the supermarket soap digests going to pick up your stories?

-Teddy

Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:02:15 GMT

From: "Sybrand Bonsma" <sybrandbonsma@hotmail.com>
the bricks from 1 to 20) to be able to identify which part of the mold the • piece
is coming from (in the case of problems with some of the molds).
Best regards,

Grazie, thank you!

Mo

Sponsor:
Scegli il tuo canale musicale con un click!
* Entra in www.radiosnj.com
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5179&d=2-9

Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:10:51 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Monica Castiglioni wrote:
This is a question I have since the first times I played with Fabuland (more
or less 26 years ago). What's the meaning of the number on the "hinge" of
Fabuland minifigs legs? On the same type of minifigs I found different
numbers (I.E. on Tony Cat from the Hospital I found a 1 and a 4).

Thank you

Monica

Sponsor:
Scopri le novità che Canderel ha riservato per te e in più ricevi un omaggio!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5211&d=15-6

I expect the reason for the different numbers on the hinges of the legs is the
following:
In a LEGO-mold a number of pieces are produced simulataneously (e.g. say 20 2x4
bricks at the same time). Each of these pieces has a different number (so for
the bricks from 1 to 20) to be able to identify which part of the mold the piece
is coming from (in the case of problems with some of the molds).
You can also see it on plates; next to a 4 or 5 digit element number there is
also often a digit that varies from otherwise identical plates.
So I think it is just for LEGO a way to check were defective parts can come
from.

Best regards,

Sybrand

Re: Fabuland Housewives Epsiode V
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:59:10 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Mark Larson wrote:
   Woo hoo!

Episode V is finally here! After a vacation and some computer trouble, I’m finally back on track with episode five, which is only 89 pictures in length! Enjoy and I hope to have another epsiode up before the end of August!

--Mark

http://brickzone.net

http://brickzone.net/housewives/season_01/episode_guide.html

Episode V already! I really have some catching up to do. I did enjoy episode I very much, but the others I did not see yet due to lack of time. I should make some time free to see also the other episodes.

Best regards,

Sybrand

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode IV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:45:34 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Mark Larson wrote:
   We’re getting sophisticated with Roman Numerals.

Speaking of numerals, this latest installment in the Housewives saga is only 101 pictures long. I’ve taken into consideration people’s social lives and in the interest of attention span am trying to rope in the length of the episodes. Check it out and enjoy! --Mark

http://brickzone.net

http://brickzone.net/housewives/season_01/episode_guide.html

Oops! Sorry that this posted twice! That must be annoying...

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode I redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:00:29 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Mark Larson wrote:
   In lugnet.fabuland, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Mark Larson wrote:

   New episode coming soon (trying my best to do one a month)!

   http://brickzone.net

   I am having fun doing the series and it’s nice to hear some feedback. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series & I hope your laptop cleaned up okay.

Im sure I will, I did check out the next two episodes after posting, and enjoyed them both as well, totally cracked up at the whole “knee” scene. I really enjoy how you throw in the “reality of the brick” sort of joke in now and then. Now Im positive I cant wait a month for an update!! Not fair to leave us hanging! I suggest you quit your day job to keep us in new episodes, paying bills and having money to put food on the table is SOOO over-rated.

Janey “Red Brick”

Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:09:29 GMT

   The Hospital Cat is a female in the US?! I always though the orange Cats were male, the white ones female... wherever, in my Hospital book the Cat is a male named Tony ;). My favourite one, by the way!

I have antoher question... why they quit doing Fabuland? It is sooooooooooooo beautiful......................................

I lost the US version of the Hospital instructions. I would love to scan it for you, because that is so weird.

Here’s my theory as to why they discontinued Fabuland:

The whites of their eyes! When they changed the figures from the black eyes with two white dots to the human-like eyes with whites and eyeballs, the line fell apart. I believe the reason they changed the eyes was to match a popular British claymation series about Fabuland characters which helped Fabuland sales. The characters in the series had human-type eyes so I think they changed the line to match it. However, the new figures look really freaky and probably gave children nightmares. To me it looked like zombie Fabuland and I had to hide the new figures in a drawer. Consequently, they added clothing to the torsos as well which ended up in ridiculous figures like this one:

It’s Lionel Lion the pimp!

I still check my closet for those eyes before I go to bed...

--Mark

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode I redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Mark Larson wrote:
   Or reduction, that is.

I’ve been studying the traffic patterns at BrickZone.net and have realized that a lot of people stop viewing the first episode about halfway through. So I’ve condensed the first episode from 346 pictures to just under 200. Plus, there is a new viewing feature (borrowed from other brilliant LEGO story tellers) that will bring you back to the scene selection menu after each scene helping you to keep your place should you decide to stop and come back later.

The subsequent episodes are well under 200 pictures each. So I’ve given the pilot episode the reader’s digest treatment and I hope you all enjoy it or if you haven’t yet, have a pleasant experience reading it for the first time.

New episode coming soon (trying my best to do one a month)!

Take care everyone.

http://brickzone.net

I have visited your site a number of times to check out the mocs (which are very impressive) but didn’t have the time to read the episodes until now... man. There is some funny stuff in there.... Love the dialogue between Marty and Piper, when he finds out she is expecting and Lila pops back out and asks “What are you two talking about?” ... Wow that Marty is such a smooth talker with his response “Not adultery!”... Spit my rye and coke out on my laptop.

Between Marty’s lousy poker face, the Mayors ethics, Brody’s psychotic I love you whispers, and Dr Dalton’s bedside manner, I am having difficulty picking a favourite character. Keep up the good work.

Cant help but wonder what other jobs entitle one to a free murder, maybe its time for a career change.

Janey “Red Brick”

Thanks Red Brick!

I am having fun doing the series and it’s nice to hear some feedback. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series & I hope your laptop cleaned up okay.

--Mark

Re: Fabuland Housewives Episode I redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 04:43:43 GMT

[...]

Re: Numbers on Minifigs (PS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:00:21 GMT

P.S.
this a translation? Because what's funny is in the US, the cat that came • with
the Hospital set is Carol Cat. I wonder why she would have a different • gender in
another country!  Thanks!  :)

I've posted sometimes ago the instruction of the Hospital in Italian, but I
didn't remember where... I remember it was an archive of Fabuland
instruction. Boh...

Bye

--Mo

Sponsor:
Vinci 100 giorni di Sheba: partecipa al concorso e vinci ricchissimi set di prodotti per far felice il tuo gatto!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5269&d=16-6

Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:53:06 GMT

Funny Story: The guy at LEGO who created Fabuland (his name was actually • Joe
Vigman)

A "god"...

Actually that's total bull. I have no idea why this number is there. • Monica, I'm
curious as to what country you are in.

I'm in Italy.

Tony Cat? I thought the animals were
supposed to have names that started with the same letter as their species. • Is
this a translation?

Yes, a lot of animals have different name, some of theme are in Italian,
some are translation, some changes completely. I.E.:
Catherine Cat -> Caterina
Clover Cow -> Rosalia
Cornelius Cat -> Charlie
The sheep in the Hospital -> Luisa
And I gave a lot of different name because I wanted to name theme different:
the Catherine Cat with the Cottage is Caterine, the one with Amusement Park
is Fiorangela, the one with the first kitchen Enya. What a beautiful age...

Because what's funny is in the US, the cat that came with
the Hospital set is Carol Cat. I wonder why she would have a different • gender >in
another country!  Thanks!  :)

The Hospital Cat is a female in the US?! I always though the orange Cats
were male, the white ones female... wherever, in my Hospital book the Cat is
a male named Tony ;). My favourite one, by the way!

I have antoher question... why they quit doing Fabuland? It is
sooooooooooooo beautiful......................................

Good night (it's 9:52 p.m. here) and thanx

--Monica

Sponsor:
Scopri le novità che Canderel ha riservato per te e in più ricevi un omaggio!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5211&d=16-6

Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Monica Castiglioni wrote:
This is a question I have since the first times I played with Fabuland (more
or less 26 years ago). What's the meaning of the number on the "hinge" of
Fabuland minifigs legs? On the same type of minifigs I found different
numbers (I.E. on Tony Cat from the Hospital I found a 1 and a 4).

Thank you

Monica

Sponsor:
Scopri le novità che Canderel ha riservato per te e in più ricevi un omaggio!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5211&d=15-6

Funny Story: The guy at LEGO who created Fabuland (his name was actually Joe
Vigman) really liked the first batch of animals they produced. Fabuland was
surprisingly popular so they produced a second wave. Joe didn't like the new
animal molds introduced, the cow, the crow, etc. and decided to design them with
the two in the hip joint. With each subsequent introduction of new animals Joe
put the next number up, secretly ranking his favorite molds.

Actually that's total bull. I have no idea why this number is there. Monica, I'm
curious as to what country you are in. Tony Cat? I thought the animals were
supposed to have names that started with the same letter as their species. Is
this a translation? Because what's funny is in the US, the cat that came with
the Hospital set is Carol Cat. I wonder why she would have a different gender in
another country!  Thanks!  :)

--Mark

Subject:
Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:32:05 GMT

This is a question I have since the first times I played with Fabuland (more
or less 26 years ago). What's the meaning of the number on the "hinge" of
Fabuland minifigs legs? On the same type of minifigs I found different
numbers (I.E. on Tony Cat from the Hospital I found a 1 and a 4).

Thank you

Monica

Sponsor:
Scopri le novità che Canderel ha riservato per te e in più ricevi un omaggio!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5211&d=15-6

Subject:
Fabuland Housewives Episode I redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:22:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Or reduction, that is.

I’ve been studying the traffic patterns at BrickZone.net and have realized that a lot of people stop viewing the first episode about halfway through. So I’ve condensed the first episode from 346 pictures to just under 200. Plus, there is a new viewing feature (borrowed from other brilliant LEGO story tellers) that will bring you back to the scene selection menu after each scene helping you to keep your place should you decide to stop and come back later.

The subsequent episodes are well under 200 pictures each. So I’ve given the pilot episode the reader’s digest treatment and I hope you all enjoy it or if you haven’t yet, have a pleasant experience reading it for the first time.

New episode coming soon (trying my best to do one a month)!

Take care everyone.

http://brickzone.net

Re: Another question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:22:29 GMT

From: "Janey Cook" <janeyofthejungle@yahoo.com>
That tile came in this set...
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=3645-1

Grazie! Thank you!

Your welcome.

I have another question: in this set
http://peeron.com/inv/sets/3671-1
there are two "wings" of the blue airplane. I can't found the right name for
this "wings" neither on Peeron.com nor on Bricklink. A friend of mine gave
me a lots of Fabuland parts, but the blue airplane misses both the "wings"
and I'm looking for them.

The "wings" are called modified plates ...
and peerons link is here, http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4607
and bricklinks link is here. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4607
and to buy the blue ones.... here....
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?invXrefID=7598&invType=F

Janey "Red Brick"

Subject:
Another question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:16:05 GMT

From: "Janey Cook" <janeyofthejungle@yahoo.com>
That tile came in this set...
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=3645-1

Grazie! Thank you!

I have another question: in this set
http://peeron.com/inv/sets/3671-1
there are two "wings" of the blue airplane. I can't found the right name for
this "wings" neither on Peeron.com nor on Bricklink. A friend of mine gave
me a lots of Fabuland parts, but the blue airplane misses both the "wings"
and I'm looking for them.

Thank you again!

--Mo
"If you quit now, they win" (XF:FtF)
http://fabuland.altervista.org/ XFiles, Lego e tanto altro
http://digilander.libero.it/xfvirtualseason i nuovi episodi di XFiles

Sponsor:
Refill srl dal 1993, il compatibile per stampante di qualità. 5000 prodotti in pronta consegna, consegna in 24h, assistenza telefonica da tecnici specializzati
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5192&d=2-6

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact