 Fabuland / 537
Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:09:29 GMT

   The Hospital Cat is a female in the US?! I always though the orange Cats were male, the white ones female... wherever, in my Hospital book the Cat is a male named Tony ;). My favourite one, by the way!

I have antoher question... why they quit doing Fabuland? It is sooooooooooooo beautiful......................................

I lost the US version of the Hospital instructions. I would love to scan it for you, because that is so weird.

Here’s my theory as to why they discontinued Fabuland:

The whites of their eyes! When they changed the figures from the black eyes with two white dots to the human-like eyes with whites and eyeballs, the line fell apart. I believe the reason they changed the eyes was to match a popular British claymation series about Fabuland characters which helped Fabuland sales. The characters in the series had human-type eyes so I think they changed the line to match it. However, the new figures look really freaky and probably gave children nightmares. To me it looked like zombie Fabuland and I had to hide the new figures in a drawer. Consequently, they added clothing to the torsos as well which ended up in ridiculous figures like this one:

It’s Lionel Lion the pimp!

I still check my closet for those eyes before I go to bed...

--Mark