 Fabuland / 532
Re: Numbers on Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Monica Castiglioni wrote:
This is a question I have since the first times I played with Fabuland (more
or less 26 years ago). What's the meaning of the number on the "hinge" of
Fabuland minifigs legs? On the same type of minifigs I found different
numbers (I.E. on Tony Cat from the Hospital I found a 1 and a 4).

Thank you

Monica

Sponsor:
Scopri le novità che Canderel ha riservato per te e in più ricevi un omaggio!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5211&d=15-6

Funny Story: The guy at LEGO who created Fabuland (his name was actually Joe
Vigman) really liked the first batch of animals they produced. Fabuland was
surprisingly popular so they produced a second wave. Joe didn't like the new
animal molds introduced, the cow, the crow, etc. and decided to design them with
the two in the hip joint. With each subsequent introduction of new animals Joe
put the next number up, secretly ranking his favorite molds.

Actually that's total bull. I have no idea why this number is there. Monica, I'm
curious as to what country you are in. Tony Cat? I thought the animals were
supposed to have names that started with the same letter as their species. Is
this a translation? Because what's funny is in the US, the cat that came with
the Hospital set is Carol Cat. I wonder why she would have a different gender in
another country!  Thanks!  :)

--Mark