 Events / BricksWest / 316
    Re: A BricksWest Critique? —Tim Courtney
   As a volunteer BricksWest organizer who worked closely with Matt on the event, I feel compelled to answer this post. (...) And these things were outside of the organizers' control. Blaming Matt for what happened is not fair in the least. Thanks to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        re: committee —Paul Hartzog
     (...) the standard business practise for these sorts of things is to open the issue to input from the community until a certain deadline is reached. the input is assessed and someone or a few someones (a team) is delegated to handle the event. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

         Re: committee —Todd Thuma
     (...) Paul, Great suggestion! I submit to the community that this is the call for input from the entire community. I suggest a date of September 1, 2002 as the end for community input. At that point those interested in planning an event or being (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: A BricksWest Critique? —John Gerlach
     (...) I completely agree with you, Tim. For a first-time event, being run 'on a shoestring', I thought it was a great time, and I'm looking forward to next year! The fact that the park dropped the ball on a few things should not be reflected back at (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: A BricksWest Critique? —William R. Ward
     (...) More involvement from the community does not mean making decisions by committee. While I disagree with most of what Seth has said about Matthew's performance, I do agree with one thing: there was very little communication and collaboration and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: A BricksWest Critique? —Todd Thuma
     WOW Nelly! Before this gets off on a "flame", I want everyone to be clear about the intentions of this thread. First, I want people to post their observations and critiques about the event for those that attended. Seth did attend on Sunday (clearly (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

         Re: A BricksWest Critique? —Ray Silva
     I think the feelings that most of those that went to BricksWest 2003 have about the Luau and the Hawaiian Shirts were that these were the two big selling points to buy the full package as compared to individual day passes to BricksWest '03. When we (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: A BricksWest Critique? —Seth Rotkin
   (...) Everybody- Please note that I never attacked him nor even mentioned his name is my post! I was merely saying that things didn't go to plan. I did not blame any specific person in my post. I'm slightly surprised that everyone is getting so (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: A BricksWest Critique? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Seth Rotkin wrote in (URL)2. I hope that the event is run by a different person, and preferably by a (...) Had you not included the above statement, it may not have read as an attack by myself and others who attended. You need not mention a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)