 Events / BrickFest / 1452
    What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Jeff Van Winden
   What type of competitions/panels/discussions do you want to see at brickfest? currently the following areas are represented (from www.brickfest.com): Rail Racers National championship finals When bad things happen to good people - Insuring your (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

        Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) (snip rest of list, nothing else is as important as Rail Racers :-) ) (...) Yes, we are planning on running events in the Train area. I put out a call for volunteers for presentations, we plan to have a full, er, track, although I may have to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Jeff Van Winden
     (...) And By football you mean Soccer right? Yes there were a few after hour soccer games that occured. Unless your refering to the Lego Store excursion :) Jeff VW (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Steven House
     (...) No, that would be football; the game where you run around kicking a ball with your feet (mostly)! SteveH (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —John Barnes
     (...) Well, as far as Technic goes, there will be a room for Technic/Mindstorms MOCs as well the seperate space allocated for the competitions. In my mind, Technic and Mindstorms are very closely associated in the sense that Mindstorms is a later (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Rob Hendrix
     <snip> (...) Pipe Racer (...) CPU, (...) </snip> Oh, you are mistaken! Do you not remember Fred (or was it F.R.E.D.)? (Fred the IR controlled Mana / Sumobot / Incline Loose Brick Crawler / Comic Relief). Thanks Fuzz. He (you) was/were a riot! -Rob (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Stephen F. Roberts
      (...) Hmmm. but if the bots had to start each competition within a certain small area, and the IR controller was not in that area, wouldn't that disqualify the bot since part of it wasnt in the area? :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com Jain's Guide (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think he means a *viable* contestant... :) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) There was also Rob Stehlik's "Monkey Entry" at RTL9 (Show me the Moneky). He built his on a "battery box" principle. Now internal processing...No RCX or other like system. The battery box controlled the power, and it shut itself by itself when (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —David Gregory
      How about a medieval/castle trebuchet contest? It would take up a lot of room, but it would be a lot of fun too. I guess it wouldn't really be a presentation, unless somebody who's really good at building LEGO trebuchets wanted to show everyone the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest —Greg Perry
   (...) I'm interested in playing some LEGO Basketball at BrickFest. I had thought I might go ahead and purchase the new arena set and bring that along (also have a bunch of the smaller sets that I'll bring for practice and after hours alcohol-fueled (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)