 Events / BrickFest / 1452
  What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

What type of competitions/panels/discussions do you want to see at brickfest? currently the following areas are represented (from www.brickfest.com): Rail Racers National championship finals When bad things happen to good people - Insuring your (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) (snip rest of list, nothing else is as important as Rail Racers :-) ) (...) Yes, we are planning on running events in the Train area. I put out a call for volunteers for presentations, we plan to have a full, er, track, although I may have to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) And By football you mean Soccer right? Yes there were a few after hour soccer games that occured. Unless your refering to the Lego Store excursion :) Jeff VW (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) Well, as far as Technic goes, there will be a room for Technic/Mindstorms MOCs as well the seperate space allocated for the competitions. In my mind, Technic and Mindstorms are very closely associated in the sense that Mindstorms is a later (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

<snip> (...) Pipe Racer (...) CPU, (...) </snip> Oh, you are mistaken! Do you not remember Fred (or was it F.R.E.D.)? (Fred the IR controlled Mana / Sumobot / Incline Loose Brick Crawler / Comic Relief). Thanks Fuzz. He (you) was/were a riot! -Rob (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) Hmmm. but if the bots had to start each competition within a certain small area, and the IR controller was not in that area, wouldn't that disqualify the bot since part of it wasnt in the area? :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com Jain's Guide (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) I think he means a *viable* contestant... :) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) There was also Rob Stehlik's "Monkey Entry" at RTL9 (Show me the Moneky). He built his on a "battery box" principle. Now internal processing...No RCX or other like system. The battery box controlled the power, and it shut itself by itself when (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

How about a medieval/castle trebuchet contest? It would take up a lot of room, but it would be a lot of fun too. I guess it wouldn't really be a presentation, unless somebody who's really good at building LEGO trebuchets wanted to show everyone the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) No, that would be football; the game where you run around kicking a ball with your feet (mostly)! SteveH (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) I'm interested in playing some LEGO Basketball at BrickFest. I had thought I might go ahead and purchase the new arena set and bring that along (also have a bunch of the smaller sets that I'll bring for practice and after hours alcohol-fueled (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)