 Events / 8
Re: For Kidvention -- What is LUGNET?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:25:53 GMT

What is LUGNET?!?!

LUGNET is an online community of Lego enthusiasts who share ideas
and information about everything Lego.

* What's the attraction?  Why do people show up?

For me, the attraction is the ability to share my creations with fellow
builders, and also to be inspired by their creations. In the few months I've
been visiting LUGNET, I've been inspired to create so many things, I have
a long list of creations at which to try my hand.

* Why do more people stay than leave?

I keep coming back because I am continually impressed and amazed at
the ways people use the Lego parts. There are many instances where
someone might use them in a completely unconventional way, and it
always drives me to come up with new uses for parts.

* What do people get out of LUGNET and their online experiences?

I have gotten the aforementioned inspiration, but I have also made a lot
of new friends and made contact with people who live in my area who are
also Lego fans. I would never have been able to do it without LUGNET.

* What are the best 3 things about LUGNET?

Connecting with fellow Lego fans, Cool Lego Site of the Week, and the
online set libraries (pause, fibblesnork)

* What are the best 10 things about LUGNET?

1)Connecting with fellow Lego fans
2)Cool Lego Site of the Week
3)Online set libraries (pause, fibblesnork)
4)The World map that lets you look up LUGs in your area
5)The search engine that lets you look up old posts with info you want or
need.
6)All the Acronyms (POOP, SPUD, BURP, etc.)
7-10) Classic Space!

* Why should anyone who's never heard of LUGNET check it out?

If you're a Lego fan, then the question should be "Why shouldn't you
check it out?" I have unconvered so many resources and ideas it's
amazing when I stop to think about it.

* Why was LUGNET created?

To serve as an online forum for people who love Lego.

* Why do people organize unofficial LEGO events?

It's fun to socialize in person. The internet is great, but meeting with
people face-to-face and sharing your love of Lego is a great feeling.

* Why do people form and join LEGO user groups and clubs?

It's fun to gather once in awhile to share ideas, trade parts, and make
friends.

* Why do people want to talk to other people about LEGO?

Because people who are not fans of Lego look at you funny if you're an
adult and you still play with the things. ;^)

* What are people missing if they never go online?

An incredible amount of resources. People who aren't online simply have
no idea what they are missing. If I want in-depth information, I usually go
to the library, but if I want to know something RIGHT NOW, I hop online,
and 98% of the time I can find what I want to know.

HTH

~Mark