 Events / 691
Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:56:00 GMT

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
BricksWest was a long trip for me, I live in upstate NY. I attended • because
my primary interest was in meeting other AFOLs and see their work first • hand.

I did not enjoy the fact that most of the people and their MOCs were in
seperate locations most of the time. I found that trying to spilt the • event
between a hotel conference room and a tent in the park was only marginally
acceptable. I do understand that I may be in the minority in that I have • no
interest in showing off stuff to the public at large in an attempt to
recruit AFOLs in S. Cal as this is a lost cause for me since I live 1000s
miles away.

If BricksWest, for example, is to be even more park oriented this year, • then
it will not have the appeal that a more "closed" type event has for me.

That's my $.02

JB

I'll agree with you that the "split up" was something I wasn't too thrilled
about either.  Some of us in one area and the rest in another was a pain.  I
was (note: past tense) of the opinion that the next BW be at LLC but now I
think it stinks.  Just the fact LLC really doesn't have much room for a
large display except that tent thing isn't enough and off the park
accommodations choices are few.  My own suggestion:  the heck w/ LLC and do
the next con in So Cal in some place more friendly like Anaheim (more hotels
and if you want to get out of the con to do something else, there are the
Disney parks).

(My opinion is just that, mine, and does not necessarily represent SCLTC.)
--
Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/