 Events / NWBrickCon / 16
Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:52:15 GMT

Public MOC displays refers to displays for public consumption. I wasn't
really making the distinction between LUGNET/AFoLs and the "naive" public.
"Public" refers to the difference between a display on a table for a bunch
of people to look at versus a MOC that you show someone at your home (more
one-on-one).

Regarding the time/resources spent "guarding" the display, as convention
organizers we're willing to put the resources into whatever aspect of the
event is most appealing to attendees. The poll wasn't designed to include
your - as a MOC creator - time to guard your own MOC. It was meant to poll
attendees how much time they would want to LOOK at the MOCs.

It is a good point about the "sacredness" of each person's MOC. I know when
I went to BricksWest, I brought a bunch of delicate and intricate Castle
MOCs and I wouldn't even have considered showing it if I wasn't there. On
the other hand, it was really awesome to stand (or sit after my feet started
hurting :) behind the MOC and watch the kids faces light up.

-stephen

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Kevin Wilson writes:
Stephen wrote in message ...
  Where would you like us to put most of our energy and focus when putting
together a convention? Are classes the most important? Maybe you want as
many displays as possible? Do you think gaming belongs in someone's attic,
and not at a convention? :)
  Let us know "What are your preferred events/interests?"
     http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=67

I notice that "Public MOC displays" is currently at the top. But... what
does Public mean? Open to teh general public? Or just public to conference
attendees? To me that makes a difference. Open to the GP means a lot of work
guarding the layout(s) when people might rather be doing otehr conference
things.

Kevin