 Announcements / 1740
Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:13:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Forgot to include LUGNET.Announce :)

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Stephen Fisher writes:
As coordinators and schedulers of NWBrickCon, the LEGO-based International
Convention hosted by SEALUG, PLNTC, and SMART in the Northwest region of the
United States, we're trying to figure out what will suit you, the attendees
best. Let us know with the following polls...
Even if you won't be attending NWBrickCon, feel free to participate so we
can mold future conventions to your preferences and tastes!

   Where would you like us to put most of our energy and focus when putting
together a convention? Are classes the most important? Maybe you want as
many displays as possible? Do you think gaming belongs in someone's attic,
and not at a convention? :)
   Let us know "What are your preferred events/interests?"
      http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=67

   You've only got 12 hours to spend (a single day) at a convention. How
would you distribute your time? All 12 hours in classes? 6 hours in classes,
6 hours in displays? 12 hours wearing a pirate bandana, 6 hours looking at
pirate MOC displays, and 6 hours playings Pirates!?
   Let us know "How much time would you spend at each type of event?"
      http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=68

   As organizers of a convention, we get a lot of headaches trying to figure
out what people are willing to miss (for future conventions). Would you be
willing to do mostly games, and skip most classes? Would you be willing to
go to classes, and some games, but skip displays? Are you really only there
for the money (marketplace)?
   Let us know "What kind of LEGO-based convention attendee are you?"
       http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=69

Thanks for all your input!

Stephen Fisher (Assistant Coordinator of Scheduling and Grunt-work at
NWBrickCon and general LEGO-convention fan)