 Events / 689
Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:22:21 GMT

BricksWest was a long trip for me, I live in upstate NY. I attended because
my primary interest was in meeting other AFOLs and see their work first hand.

I did not enjoy the fact that most of the people and their MOCs were in
seperate locations most of the time. I found that trying to spilt the event
between a hotel conference room and a tent in the park was only marginally
acceptable. I do understand that I may be in the minority in that I have no
interest in showing off stuff to the public at large in an attempt to
recruit AFOLs in S. Cal as this is a lost cause for me since I live 1000s
miles away.

If BricksWest, for example, is to be even more park oriented this year, then
it will not have the appeal that a more "closed" type event has for me.

That's my $.02

JB