 Events / 578
  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) A midwest convention is going to involve a lot of people flying in from the coasts, since it seems that most of the active AFOLs on Lugnet are on either the east or west coast. So I think proximity to major airports should be a very high (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) That stuff gets carryon. Give your clothes to the baggage handlers. I'm not keen on Chicago because hotel space is pricey. I'd stump for CVG or MSP or DTW (all midwest hubs) before ORD as space is less expensive in Cincinnati, Minneapolis or (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) I'm not absolutely certain, but I would figure hotel would get a bit cheaper if people were willing to travel out into the suburbs a bit after getting into town. (...) You're right. We've got at least a year to go before we could put on a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) Hmm, what about St. Louis? Are there enough, or actually, any people in that area? Just a thought. A MidWest-Fest would be great, I'd certainly love going, and would have a good chance of making it if it was early in the fall (September, or (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) I dunno, I just got back from the north burbs and I paid 150 a nite for Marriott Suites in Deerfield, and that was a corporate (discounted) rate. Maybe in Joliet, but who wants to stay there? ++Lar (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gs3s06.72M@lugnet.com... (...) I did a quick search, I picked the random weekend of August 16-19. Here are the results: (URL) like if you stay in Lisle/Naperville (very nice area), (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) The trouble with getting too far from the airport is paying an arm and three legs for transportation. My costs for BricksWest were: $75 registration $200 airfare $70 ground transport $300 hotel I also lost about 4 hours to ground transport (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) The amount of LEGO I packed out to BricksWest wasn't going to fit in carryon... Frank (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) Tim, the company I work for has several buildings along the I-88 Corridor, but my building is in Atlanta, so I know what those prices are like with the occasional travel I have to do when I go there. They are fairly reasonable, and for people (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) That would be cool if it was in Detroit....you may end up even getting help from the rtlToronto group (not that I am officially volunteering them) assisting your group though may be useful just to see what all is involved in setting up a CON. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) If our next regularly scheduled meeting date/info isn't up on www.michlug.org I am sure it will be soon. We have been trying to get into a regular first Saturday of the month groove. Hope that helps. (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

(...) Thanks for the info...unfortunately I checked my schedule, and my classes start back on the 4th. I only get a week off for "spring vacation". The link was very good. Maybe later in the year, when I'm free. Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)