 Events / 366
  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Disagree. Gary Louie was in the midst of organising it before he sadly and unexpectedly passed away. A number of other people carried the torch and made it happen. I still have my badge from it, it was the largest fest *I* had been to up until (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) on (...) Opps! Either I forgot about the 40 that did attend the opening ceremony or I never heard about it. I remember a guy named Gary, but I had no idea he passed. I really wish I had heard of it, I would have gone. I archived a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) It was an evening fest the evening of the first day the park was officially open... held at a condo community hall of someone that has a Carlsbad timeshare and was able to book space... seemed big at the time but it is way small now that we've (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> First of all, I'd like to make a couple of disclaimers so that there is no ambiguity in *my* opinion, and those in WAMALUG and those who were directly on the "Brickfest" committee. 1) My statements/opinions are my own, and noone elses. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Do you really have THAT low of an opinion of those of us discussing this topic. We're theives now? Come on, Richard. No one has announced 'Brickfest: The West Coast Edition That Is Only Here To Screw WAMALUG Out Of Their Event And Trademark'. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Whoa! Let's all stay calm. I don't read what Richard said that way at all. Rather I think it was a comment to my comment advocating that they put a TM on it right away... My take is that he's saying he doesn't think that in THIS community (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> Uhhmmm... poor choice of metaphor on my part. Ok, try this one. Uniformed people calling Lego brick "Legos" or other building brick clones "Lego." I can hear the groans now... sorry. Really. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Clarifications and an apology (was: Re: How about a Brickfest West?)

I hope that everyone involved in the thread about a possible West Coast 'Brickfest-style' event will read this post. It clarifies my position on a few things that seem to have been skewed by posters to the thread, and is also posted by way of public (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)