 Events / 394
393  |  395
Subject:
Clarifications and an apology (was: Re: How about a Brickfest West?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 05:45:30 GMT

I hope that everyone involved in the thread about a possible West Coast
'Brickfest-style' event will read this post. It clarifies my position on a
few things that seem to have been skewed by posters to the thread, and is
also posted by way of public apology for my seeming attack on Richard.

The quoted parts are from an e-mail Rich sent me. Everything else is my
reply. I have Rich's permission to post it here.

Sorry if I stepped on your toe. That was not my intention.

Dude, I know. I was really just giving you an incredulous reply to an idea
that I 1) think was niggling the whole concept of a West Coast event to
death, and 2) I had answered multiple times, in multiple posts, in multiple
threads, but it STILL wouldn't die. This is why I was frustrated, and I
truly intended that the post I made be as an open letter to everyone in the
thread, not just to you.

I said in my very first post to the thread that I had a name all picked out
that I liked. Chalk up my frustrations to the fact that folks were not
necessarily READING the thread before chiming in...an all too frequent
occurance at LUGNET, and a major contributor to bent noses and trod-upon toes.

2) I would not now, or ever wish to hinder you efforts to organize an event of
the magnitude you suggest. Please feel free to do so. Since it is beyond my
power (obviously) to stop you from trying to arrange it concurrently, I would
hope for you the best of luck.

I know...and I would never want to shut ANYONE out of an event.

***THIS IS THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS MESSAGE***

The problem is that people are SEEING the word 'concurrent', but READING the
word 'competeing'. This was NEVER the idea of a concurrent event. EVER!

The only way I would EVER have a concurrent event on the West Coast would be
as an OFFICIAL PART of the DC event. Folks need to stop thinking that I can
magically connect the two events without the blessing/input/support of the
DC organizers.

3) My memories cannot be damaged by you or anyone else...

I was only responding to the fact that you kept bringing up how wonderful
the event was...I got that part, many times. You seemed to be attaching the
possibility of a West Coast event with the lessening of your enjoyment of
previous/future DC events.

I hope that this message has clarified my thoughts from the post, and acted
as an apology for any feelings I may have hurt.

Matt