 Events / 376
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:57:05 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma writes:
In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Disagree. Gary Louie was in the midst of organising it before he sadly and
unexpectedly passed away. A number of other people carried the torch and
made it happen. I still have my badge from it, it was the largest fest *I*
had been to up until that time (Mindfest was larger but happened later),
there were IIRC upwards of 40 people in attendance.

Opps! Either I forgot about the 40 that did attend the opening ceremony

It was an evening fest the evening of the first day the park was officially
open... held at a condo community hall of someone that has a Carlsbad
timeshare and was able to book space... seemed big at the time but it is way
small now that we've seen the size of BrickFest 2K1

It was a one time gathering...