 Events / 2479
Re: LEGO Quality Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:34:07 GMT

In lugnet.events, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --snip--

   Perhaps someday if it more directly affects one of my MOCs then I’ll be more irritated.

Todd

It’s directly affected one of my MOCs... for the better. The mixing of old and new brown 1 is a nice effect on its own but with the extra variation on the parts it’s even nicer.

Tim

1 Not my idea but a fantastic one I recommend anyone try when making wood.

Or you could simply use my real wood veneered “WoodStiches(TM)” instead for an even more realistic look. lol

Is it “WoodStitches(TM)” or “WoodStiches(TM)”?

Hmmmm.... http://www.brickengraver.com uses “WoodStitches TM” and “Woodstitches TM” - and even a “WoodStitches®”!

Cheers

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux
Actually it is WoodStitches(tm) soon to be WoodStitches(r). It is “Cross-stitching” for men (and women for that matter) who like wood and LEGO. It is bad when cannot even spell your own product--but senior moments are cropping up here with much more regularity. The verb is “to WoodStitch”, singular is WoodStitch, plural is WoodStitches, adjective is WoodStitched. A product born in the tradition of LEGO that just simply takes it back to its roots of being a wooden toy company and into its future to get it move it to another new untapped market, the market of arts and craft. Actually when one creates say a mosaic with them, it is very similar to stitching.

Just y’all wait--one of these days I am actually going to sell some of these things. lol And create a new fad in the artsy fartsy subculture. lol again.

LEGO will be forced to adopt them as a new product and will capture the female craft market with kits that include jewelry boxes, picture frames, decorative tiles, coasters, table tops, and a plethora of other products for the dining and living rooms of the future as well as floors and decorative tiles for the kitchen. Interior designers will adopt them as be the chic new way to add customized accessories. Men will use them in their game rooms for chair rail borders with their favorite sports and game logos and really cool poker tables. Modular changeable parquetry-a totally new concept in decorating and design. lol. Now if I could just figure out how to make them efficiently—but will probably await some Chinese knockoff company to saturate the shelves of Michaels with them and will just buy them from them.