 Events / 2471
Re: LEGO Quality Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:22:13 GMT

In lugnet.events, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

   Great that you and Lego know about it, Just a shame nothing has happened to improve in the last couple of years. I am still getting boxes crushed and sets with damaged parts. But of course, everyone knows about the problem, so I guess we shouldn’t mention it, nor the Lego Ambassadors regardless of what is stil happening, let it rest and accept poor quality. John P

I think it’s kind of cool that BrickFair is offering people the opportunity to actually talk with LEGO about these things.

I suspect LEGO’s quality control dept will be happy to listen, and the more people that comment, the more weight it will carry. However, if Tim (and LAs) keeps going to Bjarke saying the same thing, it won’t have the same effect.

If you want to talk directly to someone about it, simply show up at BrickFair. That’s one of the perks of going to events like this.

Steve

When I got the good news that Bjarke will attend BrickFair and will host this seminar, I considered saving the information as a “surprise” at the event, and not announcing it. One reason was that I feared too much foreknowledge would enable the villagers to gather their pitchforks and assemble en masse. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. But I suppose, by now, Bjarke must be accustomed to heated questions.

Personally, I’ve opened a LOT of sets while running my BL business, and I rarely find broken or mutilated parts. I save them all: all 6 of them. I also don’t care too much about the color variances. But it sure seems like a major thorn to others. Perhaps someday if it more directly affects one of my MOCs then I’ll be more irritated. Who knows. But for right now, for me, I’m not experiencing the same “quality issues” that so many others are suffering. Is is just me?

Todd