 Events / 2462
Re: LEGO Quality Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:00:49 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Webb wrote:
   LEGO Quality Control
We are pleased to announce Bjarke Schønwandt will be among the LEGO Group guests attending BrickFair in two weeks. Bjarke is a Quality Engineer at TLG and will give a presentation on LEGO’s quality control.

Could someone ask him about mold allignment? I’ve often heard that the part tolerances are so strict that you can’t see the difference with the naked eye, but I own bricks where one wall is twice as thick as the opposite wall. If they’re only measuring both interior and exterior dimensions, those parts might very well fall within the tolerance limits, but if you check the wall thickness by itself, they clearly should not. This seems to be at the root of all the problems we’ve all heard about where a wall made of bricks will not be perfectly flat-sided, but will have some bricks that stick out and others that are recessed.