 Events / *606 (-20)
  Re: Well, I'm beginning to feel the reality of Brickfest

(...) You are right on, Frank ! It is very exciting. I just tried to pack away Himeji Castle last night and except for the very top tower, it took all the space on a 22 inch carryon bag (expanded) ouch !! Will have to beg the wife for space on (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BRICKFEST, BRICKFEST, BRICKFEST

That's right. It's that time of year again. Brickfest is here, and I'm more excited than... well, you fill in the blank (I'm likely to use a very politically incorrect metaphor...) I hope that those who could physically be here for the fest watch (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Well, I'm beginning to feel the reality of Brickfest

The car is pretty much loaded, and amazingly, there is still room, and I think I'm bringing more tangible stuff this year (last year I brought a ton of building materials only to use about none of it, this year, I've got a crate of bricks for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  ride to outlet sun.am

Perhaps there could be a list at registration to share rides to the outlet from and back to Brickfest sun. am? I know I will need one. List could mtch those with space with those who need rides taking into consideration where each is staying. I will (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Guarded Inn - get 'em while they're hot!!

Jake, I feel certain that someone is going to bring theirs to show! (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  The Guarded Inn - get 'em while they're hot!!

WOW, so we got in the first shipment of Guarded Inn's this week, and before I could grab one, our incredibly efficient distribution center had already shipped them all out to the first backorder customers! Yikes! So on the down side, I won't be able (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Directions from Union Station via Car?

You are quite right, for some reason I was trying to simplify my directions by merging them with those already available. To say "right off" I-66 is a little stretch because of the spacing of the interchanges. But, yes, that is certainly an option. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

"Constantine Hannaher" <channaher@netscape.net> wrote in message news:GGDKy4.Hp8@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) points (...) Right (...) Constitution (...) at 9th (...) The (...) again at (...) is (...) is (...) chime (...) Hmm ... I know exactly (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Directions from Union Station via Car?

I'll give it a try. Maybe you can get on I-395 south at Massachusetts Ave and 3rd Street NW. Once on I-395 south follow it under the Mall and over the Potomac River to the exit as in the brickfest.com instructions for from points north. But I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Directions from Union Station via Car?

Can someone provide directions to Brickfest from Union Station in DC, but via car rather than Metro? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: What should one do first?

Brickfest officially begins -- and registration starts -- at 10am on Friday. The 10am-noon trip to the Lego Outlet on the Friday schedule is not an organized shopping run; more like a suggestion from the fest organizers. The "official" Brickfest (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: What should one do first?

(...) I'm in the same boat, really... Looks like there's a "group trip"-ish thing starting at 10? At least the schedule says 10-noon to check out the Outlet... Actually, I'm guessing the store opens at 10AM. As for registration... ? DaveE (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  What should one do first?

Hi all, I was wondering what I should do first on Friday, as I will be arriving in the area in the morning. Should I stop at brickfest first and check in or should I stop by the lego store first and then head on over to Brickfest? What time does (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  BrickFest 2001 - Contact Info (in case you get lost on the way in :-)

As we draw closer to the event I said that I would posted Contact Information on the website. (URL) you need to get in touch with us for any reason, Last Names A-J call Christina (202) 550-0483 Last Names L-Z call Denise (703) 475-4947 If you can (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  Jamie O'Brien care package from USA

I have this box of Lego that has been mailed to me for Jamie O'Brien. Since I haven't sent it off to Bundaberg yet, I thought I'd bring it to Brickfest 2001 (Virginia, USA) and add some surprises. Consider it a care package -- anybody attending (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest ride share

oh well I guess this idea was a little to late :-/ sorry all. ~Christina (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Webcam Testing

It's that time of year again... I am testing the BrickFest webcam system. This year we hope to have at least 8 cameras operating. They will be located here: (URL) now I have 4 cameras in my office and one at home (the other slots are either (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  New BrickFest Schedule (note: "Drafe" has been removed)

(URL) Hitchcock (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Wanted to Buy (or Trade) at Brickfest

I probably should have posted this earlier since I'm sure most folks have already packed up what they're bringing to Brickfest. But for those who might have been coming with the intention of selling (or trading) I'd like to publish my Wish List: (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: some "mild" discrepancies in roll call....

(...) Disagree. The DC event (the first one ever held was in DC last year, IIRC) is "Brickfest". Legofest is a much broader term... Definition of Legofest varies depending on who you ask but is surely broader than your definition... My personal one (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact