 Events / 246
Re: Directions from Union Station via Car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:37:46 GMT

"Constantine Hannaher" <channaher@netscape.net> wrote in message
I'll give it a try. Maybe you can get on I-395 south at Massachusetts Ave • and
3rd Street NW. Once on I-395 south follow it under the Mall and over the
Potomac River to the exit as in the brickfest.com instructions for from • points
north. But I usually take Louisiana Avenue southwest from the station to
Constitution Avenue. A half-right onto Constitution Avenue westbound. • Right
again onto Pennsylvania Avenue westbound. Half-left to return to • Constitution
Avenue westbound (about where 5th Street would be). Left into the tunnel • at 9th
Street (unmarked! you must know it-the tunnel, not the street-is there!) • The
9th Street tunnel goes under the Mall and L'Enfant Plaza and comes up • again at
the Southwest Freeway (I-395). Take the ramp to the right westbound (which • is
I-395 south, no less) and over the marina, past the Jefferson Memorial and
across the Potomac River. One of the joys of giving directions around here • is
that there are three ways of doing anything. Others should feel free to • chime
in.

Constantine

Hmm ... I know exactly how I would go but of course, don't know any of the
street names.  Wouldn't it be easiest to take Constituion Avenue back
towards Virginia and get on I-66?  From there it can't be more than five
miles to GMU which is right off of I-66.  As I recall, it is fairly easy to
get from Union Station onto Constitution.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot