 Education / 30 (-20)
  Re: lego Technic "class"

Here's an interesting look at some lesson plans for Kindergarten, First and Second Grades: (URL) Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

John, I really agree. The challenge is to effectively combine the inquiry of kids with enough information and structure so that they keep advancing in their skills and perspective. I can tell you that in the last 10 years I have slowly moved to less (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

Thanks, Terry, for the intro to "eduspeak" and the NASA Curriculum. One thing I would like to see a Technic curriculum do is balance teaching of "learning objectives" with time to just explore and "tinker." Learning some basic mechanical, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Research, HELP!

Ben Erwin <berwin@tufts.edu> wrote in article <38260129.7FC0FE7D@t...ts.edu>... (...) dozens of (...) the (...) view (...) come (...) we (...) Ben, You've certainly got my interest... are any of these materials online? This sounds like great stuff. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Research, HELP!

The Art of LEGO Design is a great resource, but there also have been dozens of journal articles, memos, books, and conference proceedings written about the educational use of LEGO that might provide you with a more formalized view about the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

my site has a slew of LEGO ideas: (URL) (this site is moving, literally, soon, but will be back up later) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Research, HELP!

Hello Ricky, Ricky Wong <rwong@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in article <FKp371.253@lugnet.com>... (...) time! I don't know that this is concrete 'proof' that LEGO is educational (though it certainly is), however you may want to check out this article by (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

John, Kevin and others, I have been significantly confused about a lot of EduSpeak terms over the last few years as I have tried to do more, as an Engineer, in School settings. Maybe someday I'll write an Engineers Guide to EduSpeak! I told a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) At the moment I'm just letting them play, and showing them stuff (mostly the many ways of driving a vehicle wth a motor) when they need help. The age range is about 7 to 15 (this is an alternative school, and most classes and sessions are open (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

Kevin, I've been thinking (ever since MindFest) about doing something like this for my son's 3rd grade gifted class. Did you develop a curriculum, or do you just let the kids play and offer help? What age kids take part? Do you have any plans to add (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Lego used to teach the blind

I'd be interested in reading it Silas Adam Yulish wrote in message <381B0F98.C45F4EC2@ee.net>... (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) When I first noticed the motor/dynamo effect I used it to create a puppet "Furby" driven by cams. It's on my Mindstorms page: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

  Mindfest Panel on "Why are so few Girls Tinkering"??