 Duplo / 557
Re: LEGO stops DUPLO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 03:11:20 GMT

Maggie Cambron wrote:
In lugnet.duplo, Julie Krenz writes:

I saw one of the new Explore sets at Wal-Mart today. It was a yellow bucket
and could have easily still said Duplo. There doesn't seem to be too much
difference between Explore and Duplo, at least that was the case with this
bucket. Bricks and people are the same size in Explore as in Duplo :)

I wonder if the bricks will go back to having LEGO rather than DUPLO imprinted
inside the studs.

Maggie C.

I just saw this bucket today too. It's different in its construction
from prior buckets. It lacks a handle, having instead a curved lip
around the rim. Also, the studs on the lid said, "LEGO" rather than "DUPLO".

I was a little frustrated by the element inventory on the bucket's side
showing what appeared to be a special, functional brick of some sort;
but then no where in other images was its functionality revealed to me.

-Suz