 Duplo / 274 (-20)
  Amazing DUPLO Masterpiece!

Awhile ago, we loaned our big bin of DUPLO to my parents, so that our niece could play with them when she visits. My stepdad was playing with the pieces one night, and in a few hours managed to build a structure that used all the pieces. This is not (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo train question

(...) The new (2000 release) Duplo trains and the "old" (mid 1990s release) trains are fully compatible, they use the same grey track including the stop/start rail in service packs 5024 and 5027. The overall look of the new engines and wagons (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Duplo train question

Does the 5027 Start/Stop rail switch work with the new train? Is the track the same? Are all the track systems compatible, I know some are gray and some are black. Rose (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

(...) As to the first question, there are 2 Duplo train sets currently available at Zany Brainy around here. They carry both of the brand-new Duplo trains: (2 URLs) train set I have is this one, the old freight train: (URL) isn't in the catalogs any (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:G4G2Et.5Jt@lugnet.com... (...) (at (...) around (...) I've been looking online; are DUPLO trains still available in stores? I think that engine is *so cute*. When you touch the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

(...) Not at all- it really is pretty cool. And the track is extremely cheap (at least compared to 9v). If you are looking for a train that will run around a Christmas tree and be able to handle prying little fingers, this is the way to go. And even (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

(...) Thanks- I had thought about doing this with Mindstorms instead, using a light sensor to detect the train. I was very happy to be able to come up with a *much* simpler and cheaper solution. Now I have to work on powered points! (...) (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:G4EnC7.4Et@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Znap (...) from Germany in about 1994; it had an image of the "New" at the time DUPLO trains, and I remember thinking how cute they were. Is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

Tony, This is pretty ingenious! I really like how the train moving the lever makes the button on the battery box get pressed. :-) A neat mechanical solution. -Andy Lynch In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Perpetual Duplo Motion

Heh- sorry about the wide distribution, but this fits into a lot of categories. I have a new creation up on my site, a device for defeating the timer on the Duplo battery trains. This uses Duplo Trains, Technic, and a critical Znap part. I call it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build) !

  "New" Duplo

I do mean new! It is hard to get an idea of the scale: (URL) here: (URL) seen this in the shops yet? Scott A (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New Duplo Trains

(...) Thanks for all your excellent comments Deirdre!! (...) The first thing I did when I opened the <set:2738 box> was set it up to make half a double bridge. Do you put straight or curved track between the four bridge sections you make? (...) Let (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  New Duplo Trains (was Re: Myer Value Packs)

(...) Buy track, and tunnels, I'm not impressed with the new sets (see below). If that's your 1st bridge, buy another, much more you can do with two. Lots of straight track, you'll probably pick up enough curved track in other sets. I've bought (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  Bob The Builder Duplo

Hi all, Haven't seen this mentioned on lugnet but the press release is around a month old. Lego has licensed Bob the Builder and plans to release a 5 set Duplo range next year, due for release around September. (URL) Company “Cements” Deal With (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: LEGO RACERS (DUPLO?)

(...) Hi Nick It looks to me as though these may be an extension of the Action Wheelers/Toolo sets. Although there is not a screwdriver in sight. I hope they are, as my 4 yr old son would be thrilled with "monster" duplo, as he is of the age where (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  1614 Special Duplo Farmhouse

Not in database: Set Number: 1614 Set Name: Special Duplo Farmhouse Sub Theme: LEGO PreSchool Number of Elements: 28 Number of Figures: 2 Year: 1993 List Price: ? Scans: small (URL) you're interested in this set see: (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.year.1993)

  LEGO RACERS (DUPLO?)

Go to (URL) ,and look at Shredd. It looks like either the cars are very small, or he's a duplo piece. That would explain the one-piece ish look of the cars. What do you think? NICK ;^\ (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) Thanks for your help, mine was definitely not working correctly. Based on your info I was able to get the store to swap it (thank goodness they had another one, I've never seen them on the shelves anywhere else) and the new one works (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) no, mine works more like you'd expect... if I'd fly it around the room, and Jenn light a flashlight at from all the way across the room, it'd detect it and lose a life... lights on, and all. Also, the yellow reset buttom worked just fine... I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) Could you please describe how your light sensor works? I'm not sure if mine is malfunctioning or not, I rang Lego Australia and they couldn't tell me but they said I could send it to them (at my expense) and they would get it checked out. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact