 Duplo / 256
Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 02:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
Anyway, the instructions state that you can play tag by pointing a torch beam
at the sensor.  Mine will only sense light if it is in a totally pitch black
room and then it will sense any light anywhere in that room, directed at the
sensor or not.  How you can play tag like this beats me.  Also, when the 3 (or
was that 4) "lives" are used up I can press the yellow button to reset the
lives, they reset on the display and it makes the startup sound, but then the
light sensor does not work at all until the Mybot is switched off and on again
(removing and replacing the pilot).

So, does yours do this or is mine a lemon?

no, mine works more like you'd expect...  if I'd fly it around the room, and
Jenn light a flashlight at from all the way across the room, it'd detect it and
lose a life...  lights on, and all.  Also, the yellow reset buttom worked just
fine...

I think your's might be slightly miscalibrated, or something...

As for the original question of "is it worth it?", I paid $AU 139.95 for mine
and it is definitely not worth it.  Sure it's fun, but it is essentially an
expensive fancy light and sound unit with a few Action Wheeler accessories.
My 5 year old thinks it is wonderful but that's the novelty value at work, I
can tell that once he has discovered all it does he won't be interested any
more.  The box states 4+ but I'd think ages 3-4 is more like it.

heheh..  I like it, and Jenn likes it, so perhaps it's 24-28 :)

:)

Dan