 Dear LEGO / 4607 (-20)
  Re: general session starting.

(...) Where did he accuse Jake of lying? The gist I got from the post was that if that indeed was the reason for the change, then it was a stupid one and the people in the design lab need a boot up the clacker. I do know that from the perspective of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) snipped I really hate to say this, but rather than feeling inspired about the great future to come, Jake's speech has instead left me completely disheartened. The bottom line is this: TLG has betrayed my trust. And unfortunately, the only way (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: New Castle sets??? - Toy Fair photos

(...) Sending this to .dear-lego. And adding in the polite request that this theoretical bin be made in *classic* light grey, please. (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Re-release 8448 Super Street Sensation

(...) I'd love to see set 8880 Super Car, as I wasn't able to get it at all when it came out. I didn't get the 8448 either & I wish I had. So, Lego Co. just re-release both! (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Re-release 8448 Super Street Sensation

Yeah, this is one of the sets that I bought 2-3 of, thinking it would be around for a while, and then it disappeared while my back was turned. I'd love to get another 5 or so. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Re-release 8448 Super Street Sensation

(...) I'd max out my credit card for a few of them at $130.00 :) Gary (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re-release 8448 Super Street Sensation

FUT: lugnet.dear-lego It'd be nice to see a re-release of 8448. It's not very old, but it's already up in the $300 price range. That's a little high for something that sold at retail for only $130. (URL) buy a re-release of this set in a heartbeat. (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  12 x 3 wedge plates in real light grey

Dear Lego, Please produce some of these parts in real light grey and real dark grey. This is a cool new part that is only available in light-blue-grey. Better yet, if you will not eliminate the new grey and brown colors completely, re-engineer them (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Racers meets collectables

(...) Judging from the recent press releases from LEGO, as well as their organizational changes, it looks like they will most likely not be doing much more licensing. Fredrik (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Racers meets collectables

(...) (snip) (...) PPS, MB may have beat you to the original license deal, but you can always make the play to get it come renewal time... (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Racers meets collectables

Dear LEGO (TLC, LD or LSI as appropriate): The next time you want to issue a collector set of minifigs (ala the NBA players), please consider something a little more relevant to certain rural provinces of the USA... namely NASCAR. A set of 24 NASCAR (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Technic crane

(...) $2 easy. It goes for $1.25 at BL but I'd still pay that extra $0.75. (...) LOL! (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Technic crane

Looks to me that it's a good thing it's a common color so I can get a somewhat decent heap of it. Not that I don't prefer classic gray but if I'll need to restock a new/changed color I prefer if it's common. (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Better Pictures...

(...) But clever reuse of parts from different themes in new contexts is a long-time Lego staple! (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Better Pictures...

Thank you Lego! The more I see of these sets the easier it will be not to buy any of them. Bionicle parts have no business in true Technic sets. They are different themes and should be kept that way! Cutting corners by using those parts in sets like (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Technic crane

(...) Seems to me they are. Seems to me they're even responding to some of it. Just because they don't bend to every one of oue whims doesn't mean they aren't listening. (...) What do you propose? Storming the castle, putting the executive to the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Technic crane

(...) I look at it this way: It's still LEGO, right? Sure, the model in the box may have an element the you don't like but nothing forces you to build the model the way it is pictured. Some of the colors may be different but all the bricks that you (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Technic crane

(...) Or the Legends series.... (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Technic crane

(...) I'm curious as to how you've drawn that conclusion. While there have been a lot of decisions I didn't like lately, there also have been a lot that I did. I think they listen a lot. What do you call the designer sets? That, to me, is evidence (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Skin Tones coming? (was: Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog)

I have followed this thread and now I want to add my thoughts, for what they are worth. I really like yellow. When I think of a minifig I think of a yellow face. I have, however, been quick to accept the new facial expressions and choose those above (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact