 Dear LEGO / 3878
Re: Bring back the old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:30:54 GMT

Lindsay,

  I think it's more that they don't want to invest in a new mold--which
  has been fairly well established as being a lengthy and costly process--
  for a relatively limited-circulation (yes, limited!) item.  But as far
  as I know it's the only part from 928/etc that's not still in manufacture.
  I'd be perfectly happy if they replaced it with a newer helmet.

Indeed. I don't know if they have the old style mold or not. Is the Cyprus
Tree mold new or the original? DO they have multiples of molds of various parts?

  Now, if they decided to release a lot of sets that use that old helmet,
  that might make it cost-effective--but not for one Legends release.
  I get the sense that Brad doesn't have that level of pull on resources
  just yet.

Right.

Scott S.