 Dear LEGO / 3875
Re: Bring back the old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:19:01 GMT

Lindsay & All,

  Actually, I've gotta disagree on that one.  Maybe I'm just a hopeless
  optimist (wait, isn't that contradictory?), but the "Classic" spaceman
  is so very classic that I think it would find a wide audience even
  among those who don't collect anymore.  Certainly I think they'd sell
  lots more of those than Breezeway Cafés, which would surely put them into
  Legends-able range.  The fact that they were produced with only minor
  improvements to the fig for seven or eight years only stands to improve
  their appeal as nostalgia or collectible items.

Right, ther eis nothing wrong with being an optimist, I would love to see
it, and sicne TLC has turned around a bit in terms of the Legends, who
knows? I would be happy with it.

  So I don't think it's at all beyond the realm of possibility.  It's even
  more likely if 928, 924, or 918 (the ULTIMATE space classics!) is re-
  released!  (I keep thinking of this with the Yellow Castle in mind too--
  but that old-style helmet is a persistent problem.)

I would think they could make a new mold for that. Lord knows they seem to
be mold happy when it comes to new parts, a few old molds should not be too
much of a problem.

  Not for you or me, but something about that second digit might scare
  casual buyers.  $8 seems like a good price point for 5 figs, IMHO.
  They can even polybag it and I'd be happy.  :D

Right. I was just using the Bricklink prices I usually pay. : )

Scott S.