 Dear LEGO / 3864
Re: Bring back the old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:06:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott E. Sanburn writes:
Larry & All (How many Larry's do we have? Or how many Scott's - heh heh)

I was looking through my parts last night and came across some of the old
space men. I looked at them and thought that it would be great if Lego did
these as a collection series. They could do them just like the Starwars
Character sets were done. What does everyone else think? Bring back the old
space men or all of the old figures in a  collector pack?

YES!! I would love to see some older minifig packs brought back, whether it
is the collector's series or maybe the minifig packs. Heavens hold me back
if they brought out Futuron minifig packs. : )

You can also expand into other themes, such as firemen, Castle, Blacktron, etc.

FUT to Dear LEGO, as it seems a better place to have this discussion.

Scott "Dreaming of opening a box with 50 new Futuron minifig packs" S.

   Unfortunately, Futuron might not be quite "classic" enough for the
   demand (although I wouldn't mind seeing them too).  But the Classic
   spaceman--albeit with a newer-style helmet, I'd imagine--has no unique
   parts and in fact only *one* printing to recover (and even that's not
   a full-torso print, and it's only two-color).  So I'd bet they could
   make a packet with a Legends Classic Spaceman pack.

   A great idea!  Now, if we could get Futuron packs, great--but I'd
   love the following available in packs:

   *Classic Space Assortment $6.99 (5 figs: red, white, blue, black, gold)
   *Classic Firemen $6.99 (5 figs: 4 classic w/ white helmet, one chief)
   *Classic Blacktron/Futuron $7.99 (basically a re-release of set 6703)
         http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6703
   *Classic Pirate $6.99 (5 figs, basically a re-release of 6251).

   Others?

   (I'd happily pay $8 for the packs, really.)

   best

   LFB