 Dear LEGO / 3762 (-20)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) How so? LEGO have been releasing items with focus on issues other than "brick building" for years, and the world still exists. The days of releasing sets with 2-by-4's exclusively is definitively over. In the light of the development of LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Not necessarily. They might need to assemble more pumps or motors, which is not as simple as boxing pieces. And that is just an example on how reviving an old line has hidden costs all over the place. As for Lego releasing NEW sets in low (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) To a point - Moore Educational (who sells DACTA in Australia) also provides services to the schools, over & above the bricks; I assume Pitsco does too. I tend to think it's better to keep this separate, but that shouldn't stop LEGO offering (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) (URL) even any of these: (URL) happened to supplemental technic sets????? ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Hmmmm.... "where it came from".... so Steve Jobs has turned Apple around by selling Apple II's? (...) ...Or "Jack-booted thugs will steal your children! Shame on Lego!"* Cheers Richie Dulin *((URL) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) If the evidence isn't there, it's certainly in the sets they're releasing. (...) Which is nice if you can afford $120 plus sets. But what about the kid who wants to get started in Technic but can't come up with that kind of coin? What ever (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) It is this link between adult LEGO fans and parents of potential LEGO fans (in that they are often the same person) that the company has completely ignored and lost ground on. For every loyal customer like John I wonder how many have given up (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Dino Head Attack had 7 technic bricks in it (including a 1x16 in black), Gungan Sub had 2 1x16s in blue, four in the droid dev kit, etc. So the pcs are out there, just bits here and there. Ray (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I beg to object. The sheer $ amount spent by adult builders - not to mention the "missionary/salesman" aspect in promoting Lego products to others SHOULD be of SUBSTANTIAL interest to LEGO. I know that my own purchases (insane as they are) are (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Many of the LoM & bigger Star Wars sets have a smattering of technic bits. ROSCO (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Your argument is just as baseless as mine. Putting together (packing) an old Technic set would only cost more because they used to use more bricks (using value as a comparison). And I never actually mentioned old sets in my post. (...) My (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A System Suggestion

In lugnet.dear-lego, Daniel Barrett writes: [snip] (...) It's this possibility of multi-themed usage that makes your sugesstion particulary interesting. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) This is baseless. I suspect Lego's internal production lines are not exactly primed for this. I.e. costs for putting together old Technic sets might be very high, for all I know. Furthermore, Lego representatives have pointed out on several (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  A System Suggestion

Dear LEGO, I would like to suggest a different approach to the system line, a modular castle set. The LEGO Company follows a fairly standard approach to the system line. You have your low cost entry sets, a range of mid-cost sets, and then one top (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  The writing on the wall

"We're redefining Lego. It's not just about bricks" "Within the construction area, you can only grow so much" These two sentences mark a clear departure from the traditional Lego reporting approach (or should I say PR?). I used to love when articles (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Agreed. Luckily I have quite a collection of beams and such already and LEGO should last forever so I'm set. It's still a sad sad thing that is going on :( /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Or even 4795 - Underwater Base! How about a "spot the technic in non-technic sets" competition? William (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Only (...) but (...) This may all come true (sadly), but if Lego Direct expect to be able to compete in selling these sets they are going to have to *SERIOUSLY* improve their non-box shipping operation. 20 days to answer a pre-sales question (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I'd buy sets contained in a sturdy brown cardboard box made of recycled materials with just a bar code on it if it meant I got the parts. This would be from online sellers of course like TRU's web site, Lego woudn't want these packs on shop (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) this article, I only see that they are moving into other areas in addition to building bricks. On the subject of the traditional technic beams, you can still find them in newish sets like 8458 and 8466. You can hardly construct a large, stable (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact