 Dear LEGO / 3736
Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:44:29 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Maddison writes:
<big snip>

I wonder if this isn't what people are most upset about. Is it that LEGO is
making action figures?  Or is it that LEGO is making action figures that are
not backward compatible with earlier products.  Other than Duplo (which
serves a tremendous purpose and should continue) this Galidor serves no
purpose in relation to previous sets.  Where Bionicles moved away from
traditional brick building, Galidor has apparently abandoned it altogether.

While I totally agree with you, I did notice that the Galidor figs have what
appears to be technic pins at the shoulders, and a similar joint at the
hips.  Not that that does much good, I'd just as soon build my own arms and
legs than use those on a MOC.

I saw the pins to which you are referring.  To my eyes they look a lot like
the pins that used to connect the arms of my Six Million Dollar Man action
figure back in the 1970's.  Am I dating myself?  :)

I'd be curious to see them up close though.

Even if they are Technic pins, there is then the same problem as with the
Bionicles.  Some young kids receiving or buying these sets do not have or
have access to Technic connectors.  This is the case with a co-worker of
mine.  Her kid likes Bionicles but makes no connection between them and his
other LEGO bricks, since he cannot connect them in any way.

Regards,
Allan B.