 Dear LEGO / 3733
Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:04:42 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Marco Correia writes:
I just wanted to add my voice to this.

Is there a proper official way to register these complaints/opinions ?

Lately I've been using:

http://www.lego.com/myopinions/default.asp

to fill out their opinion surveys and send feedback through their "Send us a
comment" link. It's basically a text box that you fill in and then select a
category to send it under.  It's not a direct email, but hopefully someone's
reading it.

It looks like The LEGO Company (except LEGO-Direct!) is living in a dream
world on it's own and can't understand what was the purpose of LEGO in the
first place.

It's my feeling that the company needs to continue to hear customers
speaking out on their current product offerings.  They need to hear adults
saying, "You know what?  Not only am I not going to buy this stuff for
myself, I'm NOT going to buy it for my kids.  This isn't the kind of LEGO
products we want."

A company can only ignore that type of feedback so long.

LEGO *SHOULD* continue to provide sets that compliment and expand older sets
that customers have.

Amen to that.  :)

Fine, go ahead and produce "action figures" if you really think that's a hot
idea.  But why why why aren't there any buckets of bricks on the shelves of
the stores near me?  I'm sure I'll be able to buy Galidor... but I don't
want to.  If I wanted action figures, I'd buy G.I. Joe.

If 1/2 of the space currently occupied by Jack Stone sets was replaced with
misc parts buckets I would be a happy customer.  But this already stale
product line is clogging useful shelf space to a degree I didn't think possible.

I can integrate very well Town/City with Boats, Planes, Trains and Space and
even Ninjas, Pirates and Castles (it can be a diferent LEGOcountry with a
medieval lifestyle or can be used as monuments or LEGOmovie setups)
All of these can be used in the same er... play-session (?) with relative
logic in it.

Even those little mars-mini-figs can have a go at being the LEGO E.T.'s,
integrating very well in the Space theme.

Now... JackStone and the new alikes ? bah. ...

I wonder if this isn't what people are most upset about. Is it that LEGO is
making action figures?  Or is it that LEGO is making action figures that are
not backward compatible with earlier products.  Other than Duplo (which
serves a tremendous purpose and should continue) this Galidor serves no
purpose in relation to previous sets.  Where Bionicles moved away from
traditional brick building, Galidor has apparently abandoned it altogether.

TLC should never forget that LEGO is about *BUILDING* !!!
Making all kind of Buildings, Roads, Towns and Land/(under)Water/Air/Space
Vehicles !
It's about making contraptions (Technic/Mindstorms) that really work and do
something. Talk about a 3D development system... LEGO is it.

oh well...

Don't give up.  I'm not going to.  They can listen, or they can ignore.  I'm
hopeful that they'll listen.

Best regards,
Allan B.
- Expert Builder website