 Dear LEGO / 2997 (-20)
  LEGO round the world

I just had an idea today. What if LEGO sold small sets in airports and travel boutiques that were themed according to their location? Example: You visit Seattle, and you get a little set with a minifig holding a coffee mug, and perhaps a little (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) <snipped more great commentary> (...) <snif> That's beautiful Lou - It brings a tear to my eye. Great to hear from an old RTLr again and to read another piece of excellent constructive (pun intended) advice for TLC. SRC L#765 StRuCtures (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Sean, I know that the message that i'm responding to here was posted a little while ago, but as I read more of the HP novels, the more comitted I become to advocating Belville scale HP sets. Before reading on, you may want to refer to a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.belville, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) Thanks Bill. Hopefully I also got across the point that it's not "too late" for LEGO, and not just "what's wrong" with the products right now. We may not like where things have gone in the last few years, but I think anybody in the business (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) More importatnly they encouraged us to imagine the wonderful environments similar to the ones pictured in the catalogs. Those sets were actually fairly simple, coarse interpretations of what they were. They had just enough detail to switch on (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) [lots of great commentary snipped] I agree wholeheartedly - you have an excellent way of describing "what's wrong with LEGO." I doubt very much that "maxifigs" will ever return, but I think the Technic figures might fill that bill nicely. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

Amen!! Amen!! Nice to see an old name from .rtl days. I was wondering where you went. Snipped a great article which pretty much sums up the feelings of a lot of old-timers. I too have been pretty much ignoring the current offering of sets by LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GA2u41.7Jp@lugnet.com... (...) Absolutely But I dont have to like it. And we shouldnt just accept it. If no-one complains then guess what happens - the prices will go up even more. Consequence (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

(...) The market sets the price. Retailers will charge just as much as we are willing to pay. Scott A (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Duq" <Duq@nlgateway.net> wrote in message news:GA27FI.7AB@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) check (...) The question is WHO is doing the ripping off. In the magazine case there is probably some importer who is marking up the prices, over which the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

OK, so you guys are being ripped off when it comes to Lego and Cars. You get the best computer and music magazines at decent prices. Ever cared to check what overseas rates are? Q magazine: 2.80 in the UK, which is 8.63 DM. Q in a german shop will (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

Example 1 pack of 4515 (Straight Rails) on the UK shop @ home is £12.99 Today on Expedia 12.99 British pounds sterling = 40.06 German Deutsche marks So how come 1 pack of 4515 on the German shop @ home only cost 29 Deutsche marks Also 12.99 British (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  bridge for train and/or town

Dear Lego, This morning I watched a program on PBS on scenic train rides. Over and over again I saw the trains crossing bidges. Some were tressel and others were arched. Pictures from GATS and Greenburg Train shows show how much a bridge adds to a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Technic Ride at LL USA?

"Sean Harrington" <harrington@macgenius.com> wrote in message news:G9y2yq.4HE@lugnet.com... (...) rollercoaster (...) Definitely a cool idea :-) A LEGO Direct exclusive?? -Tim (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Technic Ride at LL USA?

Yes, the car is way cool! I'd love to see a larger guage Flex Tubing used as a part of this rollercoaster set. MAN, THIS WOULD BE GREAT! A WHOLE NEW FRANCHISE FOR LEGO! It would kick K'Nex rollercoaster's butt! Allow it to interface to one or more (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Future of Belville

(...) Cheers indeed, Wes. As in three cheers for Wes. Hip Hip Hooray, etc. I don't even have to look at the pics that you've posted of your creations to be enthusiastic about your hybridization of system, technic, and belville themes since I've (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Future of Belville

(...) Just 'cause the toys would be in Belville scale doesn't mean that it'd have to be designated Belville by name. But it's not like it couldn't work as a sub-theme. Oh, and by the way, I had trouble posting a message to Belville and Dear-lego, so (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Company Has Somehow Even Further Degraded Communication

"We will return to core business" "A departure for the company, the new Bionicle line features quick-build, collectible items based on a richly detailed and intriguing story line. " Two statements made within 2 weeks of each other! And then they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Idea for a promotional/sculpture set: The Pink Panther

Dear Lego, Perhaps you could look into producing a sculpture set of the Pink Panther. This set might be made/marketed in conjunction with the folks at 'Owens/Corning' as a promotional to their various home improvement products. This would be a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) My point was they took the time to reply. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact