 Dear LEGO / 2752
Re: Piece #2580 (outback airstrip)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:23:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jonathan Lopes writes:
This "want" may generate some laughter, or "me too's". I am looking for 25
to 50 of the 2x2x5 girder type piece that is part of the windmill. I am only
interested in black. I have numerous parts to trade & some HTF MISB sets for
trade as well. I don't think many people have quantities of these and even
if you have one for trade, please let me know.

I'm looking for them as well..... Can someone suggest this part to LD for bulk
consideration?

   Done, and done!  And I mean done. (XFUT -> .dear-lego)

   Um, well, if you have any grey ones (from the European
   '99 Soccer grandstand lights) or red ones, I'll take them
   off your hands...;)

   I know that I'd *easily* buy two or three hundred of these
   in black, but at the going rate of about $5 a pillar in
   black, about that in red, and $20 in light grey (ack!),
   I can't possibly afford them--even if they *were* available.
   Hopefully LD could put out lattice pillars for $1 each or
   less, probably not much less given that they're rather
   complex pieces on the order of a large door or window.

   Your best bet, Jonathan, might be to comb smaller stores
   for leftover copies of 6444 Outback Airstrip, which if you're
   lucky you can get for less than the $20 sticker price.  The
   benefit of such a tactic is that if you're willing to part
   the sets out and run auctions, you might feasibly get the
   lattice girders for free (always the best price, I say).

   If that fails, you can always organise something with a person
   who hopes to buy a bajillion 2001 TIE fighters, and use the
   "new" triangular girder bit.  I'd offer but, well, that's what
   I'm doing...:)

   best of luck,

   Lindsay