 Dear LEGO / 2753
Re: Piece #2580 (outback airstrip)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:54:42 GMT

  Your best bet, Jonathan, might be to comb smaller stores
  for leftover copies of 6444 Outback Airstrip, which if you're
  lucky you can get for less than the $20 sticker price.  The
  benefit of such a tactic is that if you're willing to part
  the sets out and run auctions, you might feasibly get the
  lattice girders for free (always the best price, I say).

  If that fails, you can always organise something with a person
  who hopes to buy a bajillion 2001 TIE fighters, and use the
  "new" triangular girder bit.  I'd offer but, well, that's what
  I'm doing...:)

  best of luck,

  Lindsay
You read my mind on all accounts, even the TIE fighter part.

Jonathan.