 Dear LEGO / 2754
Re: Piece #2580 (outback airstrip)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:55:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Your best bet, Jonathan, might be to comb smaller stores
  for leftover copies of 6444 Outback Airstrip, which if you're
  lucky you can get for less than the $20 sticker price.  The
  benefit of such a tactic is that if you're willing to part
  the sets out and run auctions, you might feasibly get the
  lattice girders for free (always the best price, I say).

[ Ray provides a clue ]

Next time you go to your local TRU, ask if they have any Lego 6444. The sales
clerk will undoubtably say "huh ?   whatzzat ?"  Find someone knowledgeable with
the TRU terminal system. Ask them to check for UPC number '42884 06444'. That
would be the UPC for Outback Airstrip. They first convert it to a TRU sku
number, then they should be able to view stock at all stores in the region. Some
stores can see more than one region. Get the store number that *supposidly* has
stock. Have them tell you the city & address (and phone # if possible). Call
that store. Ask if they really have any. If they do, either drive there or make
arrangements to get it shipped. Best of luck.

One store manager I did this to, gave me the weirdest look...  "you go around
quoting UPC numbers ?"  <lol>

Ray
l#124