 Dear LEGO / 2447 (-20)
  I can't believe it's gone!

No Legoland At Ontario Place???? But, why bother even going now! noooooooo!! i join in your waling.... and, a little off topic, i wanna join the Toronto Lego users group, i sorta just found out about em, but i'm really into lego and working on a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: WHOLE MISB Lego Castle Silver Armour Series

(...) I don't pretend to understand how the Lego comapny works... It makes sense that TLC would release soccer sets in Australia and Europe first due to it's popularity. I can understand the tour de France promos being more of a European thing also, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: WHOLE MISB Lego Castle Silver Armour Series

(...) Heh... that is to say (correct me if I'm wrong): If it was released worldwide, surely a North-American would discover first? But since a European did, surely it is European-only. Sorry, just a little bit of sarcasm, not directed toward you (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) I'm not so sure that's necessarily true. It will depend on what Lego ends up charging for shipping and handling. Particularly here in the states. Unless they ARE going ot reissue older sets that are not available in local stores, I'd just as (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Broader context (was Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

(...) Right on. Here's to the future. Every club that acts responsibly, does interesting and neat stuff, and builds a good rep with TLC (well, with TLC individuals) makes it easier for the next one to leverage that good relationship and to move on (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) in (...) selling (...) that (...) returns I (...) returns (...) Didn't know this about France. It explains why it's so difficult to find old sets in France. (...) LEGO (...) Yes, they definitly will be unhappy, though I suspect that direct (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) Yes but the contract with the shops/agents/etc may preclude LEGO from selling sets direct - this is pure speculation on my part. As for France, I know that LEGO operates on a "sale or return" basis there (DYA, BB etc buy the returns I expect) (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: better villians

(...) That's what I liked best about the Bat Lord from FK. Aside from the weird hair bits, he was just a regular smiley with the smile inverted. No weird snarly mouth. I could live with that kind of bad guy face. Steve (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is the LEGOLAND at Ontario Place open during the CNE?

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) messages, (...) they've (...) Shipping (...) off (...) at (...) want (...) I'm not very competent on the matter, but I suppose that if Amazon can Lego could as well (Amzon just to mention one among thousands of English-only websites that sell (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) I assumed those left out were due to exsiting distribution agreements in those countries. Scott A :-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) Is it legal to sell to an Italian resident if you're not speaking Italian at the time? I dunno. But maybe that's what is holding them back, they don't want to lay on Italian speakers (and spanish, portugese, french greek, etc.) Just an idea, I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO.new is coming

(...) wonder (...) I'm sure they've nothing against us, but still don't see the point. Shipping from any EU country to any other EU country requires no special care. There're no more customs, no custom forms, fees are unified... I really don't see (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Some TLC folks use LDraw, MLCad (Was: The Artemis Project)

(...) I believe their use of the software is cumbersome and limited, because even though they have state of the art CAD systems, they still print out LARGE sheets of brick graph paper (~6' wide plotter) with images on them and trace the studs. Plus, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some TLC folks use LDraw, MLCad (Was: The Artemis Project)

(...) Well, Entirely possible, but not necessarily... I know of many Industrial Designers & Architects who use very state-of-the-art CAD/CAID software at work, but use very cheap & limited software at home for their personal creativity... Why? (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: better villians

(...) I think there's enough out there right now that you should be able to do some simple customizations and achieve what you want. Amongst the many sites you could check out would be these two if you wanted to see "eviler" lego: (URL) to the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Some TLC folks use LDraw, MLCad (Was: The Artemis Project)

(...) Well, its clear that the LCAD advancements are the BEST we've seen of any 3D Lego design program, with the exception of the illusive TLC instructions program (which, from what I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if it was VERY limited). So, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Some TLC folks use LDraw, MLCad (Was: The Artemis Project)

(...) Wow. Somebody pinch me. This is about as close to unofficial endorsement as you can get! Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: better villians

(...) ...Or at most plain smileys and 'plain frownies'... Good guys smile, bad guys and girls frown. Much nicer than all these pesky weird heads we have out there now :-/ -- ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: better villians

James & All, (...) live (...) Of course the world is not perfect. However, LEGO sets are geared for kids, and they do not to be bombarded with conflicts from all walks of life instantly. A little friendly conflict, as depicted in various LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact