 Dear LEGO / 2347
Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Dave Schuler writes:
I don't think EP1 was a good piece of drama, but how, exactly, do you define
it as "an epically huge flop"?  Certainly not in box office draw,
merchandising, or video sales?  What are you asserting, exactly?

Mea culpa.  I merely meant that the movie stink, stank, stunk...

I am no big SW fan.  I don't think Lucas can write his way out of a paper
bag.  Most of his peculiar genius is mere marketing, as is often the case.  He
is the P.T Barnum of special effects and toys.  And you know what Spencer said
about the *special* effects of the Archimago in the "Faerie Queen" -- that
basically, its a bunch of smoke and mirrors having no substance.  Nice
fireworks, Mr. Lucas.

That's what I am asserting, exactly...

=)

-- Richard