 Dear LEGO / 2334
Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:08:46 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Alex Farlie writes:

I wentback to look at some old Dear lego postings and found some intresting
ideas, that subsequently got adpaoted by TLC/TLG.

Posting titled; Theme Sugesstion dated (Wed2 Dec 1998) suggested Antartic
Explorers-
2000 catlouge we have Arctic

Posting titled snarly Faces- (sun 27 Dec 1998)-
2000 catalouge- Not have as many snarly faces (My opnion)

Harry potter suggested around the end of 1999 - other Lugent posters said
Matell had an exclusive licence.
July 2000-  Lego announces a Harry Potter Licence.

Can anyone else think of examples of consumer influence?

Alex

Well, if that's the case, I've only got 4 words:  LORD OF THE RINGS.
-Chris

While that would be kinda neat, I hope they don't get too caught up in
licensing other people's ideas, though.  They'd be losing the LEGO 'brand'
that they've been working hard to establish.  I'd much rather see something
they came up with on their own than someone else's ideas put in brick form.  I
might be in the minority with this issue, I have no idea.  If they have a full
line of just licensed products from other 'brands' it seems to me that they
will lose all sense of self.  Get back to the brick, LEGO.  Get back to doing
your own thing and get back to what made you what you are today.

~Nathan