 Dear LEGO / 2336
Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 18:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Maddison writes:
I hope they don't get too caught up in
licensing other people's ideas, though.  They'd be losing the LEGO 'brand'
that they've been working hard to establish.
Yes, my opinion is, LEGO isn't fully LEGO unless it's all original from the
LEGO company with no outside interference.
I'd much rather see something
they came up with on their own than someone else's ideas put in brick form.
BUT, maybe they think they will make more money if they use some outside
licensing in their products, supposedly making them more attractive. However,
I think they can make enough money on their own without incorporating other
people's products.
I might be in the minority with this issue, I have no idea.  If they have a
full
line of just licensed products from other 'brands' it seems to me that they
will lose all sense of self.  Get back to the brick, LEGO.  Get back to doing
your own thing and get back to what made you what you are today.

I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly!  =:)
I hope that with the new Potter line, and whatever
the future holds, Castle doesn't go by the wayside like Space did for SW.
True. SW may be cool, but I would rather have traditional space themes and no
SW than SW and no traditional space themes.(but of course this isn't all TLG's
fault, but was in the agreemement between TLG and SW) I do have a very bad
feeling that Harry Potter will take the place of Castle. I wonder if it will
be a one-time thing like, for example, Outback, or a several-year continuous
theme like SW.
I would be tickled if TLG licensed others' ideas, but continued to pump out
their own system themes...that way we'd get the best of both worlds, per se.
Of course, they probably wouldn't do that, because of the money required to
support both. But we can still hope and wish... :^o