 Dear LEGO / 2343
Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:13:16 GMT

Wait a minute!

In lugnet.dear-lego, Alex Farlie writes:

I wentback to look at some old Dear lego postings and found some intresting
ideas, that subsequently got adpaoted by TLC/TLG.

Posting titled; Theme Sugesstion dated (Wed2 Dec 1998) suggested Antartic
Explorers-
2000 catlouge we have Arctic

Arctic is just like Rock Raiders, divers, etc. They make 'em, advertise,
sell 'em, and dump 'em. They don't even bother to make new sets!

Posting titled snarly Faces- (sun 27 Dec 1998)-
2000 catalouge- Not have as many snarly faces (My opnion)

Key word, opinion. Although there are less, I prefered how they added to the
clasic smiley face.

Harry potter suggested around the end of 1999 - other Lugent posters said
Matell had an exclusive licence.
July 2000-  Lego announces a Harry Potter Licence.

A lot of people on Lugnet are against LICENSING, which is what Lego has gotten
so caught up in, that they probabally will never make their own themes again.

Can anyone else think of examples of consumer influence?

Alex

If they actually listens to us, then where is Castle? Space? Town(as in the
real one)?

Chef