 Dear LEGO / 2330
  TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

I wentback to look at some old Dear lego postings and found some intresting ideas, that subsequently got adpaoted by TLC/TLG. Posting titled; Theme Sugesstion dated (Wed2 Dec 1998) suggested Antartic Explorers- 2000 catlouge we have Arctic Posting (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Well, if that's the case, I've only got 4 words: LORD OF THE RINGS. -Chris (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Here's an Idea: Classic Space! Or how about this one: Town! Oh well, those are probably fantasy, but here's an interesting idea: How about a printed element (1x2) with a computer screen with the brickshelf logo on it? That would be neat. KL (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) While that would be kinda neat, I hope they don't get too caught up in licensing other people's ideas, though. They'd be losing the LEGO 'brand' that they've been working hard to establish. I'd much rather see something they came up with on (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Oh, couldn't agree more. I hope that with the new Potter line, and whatever the future holds, Castle doesn't go by the wayside like Space did for SW. I would be tickled if TLG licensed others' ideas, but continued to pump out their own system (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Yes, my opinion is, LEGO isn't fully LEGO unless it's all original from the LEGO company with no outside interference. (...) BUT, maybe they think they will make more money if they use some outside licensing in their products, supposedly (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

Word! Classic Space and town re-makes would be fantastic!!! They could even follow the example of the G.I.Joe accessory packs that issued old accessories in new colors, can you imagine some of your old favorites with new color schemes? It'd be (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

Check my posting "collectible minifig 3 packs" it should appear directly below the original in this thread if you click one of the "show more" tabs on the dear-lego page. ---D (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 1x2 with Brickshelf or Lugnet logos...

(...) Is there anything stopping Lugnet or Brickshelf from commissioning one of these anyway? Last time I checked, white 1x2s were on the bulk buy (if not at Lego.com, at least on Pitsco-Lego-Dacta). How tough would it be to get a flexographer to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) <SNIP>Get back to the brick, LEGO. Get back to doing your own thing and get (...) I totally agree. If not for licensing they wouldn't now be faced with these issues of race depicted in "yellow" tones, or those involving whether the lego (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes: **snip of stuff with which I generally agree re: licensing** (...) I don't think EP1 was a good piece of drama, but how, exactly, do you define it as "an epically huge flop"? Certainly not in box office (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 1x2 with Brickshelf or Lugnet logos...

(...) these (...) I don't know what that would cost but probably alot. Besides, they wouldn't be "official" elements, and thus impure and unfit for use by many people. KL (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 1x2 with Brickshelf or Lugnet logos...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> To: <lugnet.dear-lego@lugnet.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 5:08 PM Subject: Re: 1x2 with Brickshelf or Lugnet logos... (...) brickshelf (...) I agree that they wouldn't be (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

Wait a minute! (...) Arctic is just like Rock Raiders, divers, etc. They make 'em, advertise, sell 'em, and dump 'em. They don't even bother to make new sets! (...) Key word, opinion. Although there are less, I prefered how they added to the clasic (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Let's not forget that licensing brought us the Star Wars models, with old-school design values we haddn't seen in years. If licensing one or two lines also forces them to create some acceptable designs, then that is a good thing. Of course we (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Mea culpa. I merely meant that the movie stink, stank, stunk... I am no big SW fan. I don't think Lucas can write his way out of a paper bag. Most of his peculiar genius is mere marketing, as is often the case. He is the P.T Barnum of special (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Speaking of stink stank stunk, can you believe that Ron Howard is releasing a live-action Grinch this Christmas? I don't care who Jim Carrey is; the original Grinch cannot be improved upon and should be left alone! (...) Heh. I thought I was (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) No one can improve on the work of Chuck Jones or Boris Karloff. Ron -- it's over, Baby! Spend the remaining money on hair plugs and recoup your losses, as it were... -- Richard (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)