 Dear LEGO / 2280
  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Unfortunately, your perception isn't shared by a lot of non-AFOL parents. They look at, say, the LEGO X-wing, and see the $30 price tag, then they look at the Hasbro X-wing which comes in a box about 4 times as large for the same price, and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) good. (...) Yeah, but how swooshable would the X-wing be if it were four times the size? I think there's a limit on how big a space ship can get and still be playable. I don't have a LEGO X-Wing, but I do have the similar Warp Wing-Fighter (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) good. (...) Hi Ok I am a lego fan but I have a 6 years old boy that loves star wars. After a loong time of pressing request I bought him last Xmas a Hasbro X-wing that in Italy has more or less the same price of my lego X-wing (that is true is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Quoted a snippet for emphasis.... (...) It's not the X-wing that's 4 times bigger... just the box. People sometimes get fooled by large boxes into thinking that the contents are larger too, and that's not always so. The Hasbro X-wing is maybe (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

"Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:FxnIvM.5An@lugnet.com... [snipped a little] (...) Maybe it's local or maybe Europe has a longer LEGO tradition, but here in the Netherlands I feel that 'LEGO' is concidered the best (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) I agree with you, but I think most parents who are ignorant of the benefits of Lego will simply buy the Hasbro set, since it is bigger (and the American attitude of bigger = better). It's up to all us AFOLs to let the people know! ;^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) X.wing (...) Personally, I am not familiar with either set so I can only base my comments on what I've read here (I don't even know if the Hasbro one is available in Australia) You have the benefit of being an AFOL, so you know which is the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it)