 Dear LEGO / 1937 (-10)
  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Well, here's hopefully an objective rant... The fact that LEGO has set up outlet stores means that they are bleeding. The outlet stores are a desperate attempt to limit that bleeding. The outlet stores sell obsolete stock at discounted prices (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Larry gets "preorders" and you don't. Why? Because you don't spend Big Bucks. Same difference. (...) This has nothing to do with buying LEGO, or anything else except stocks. Larry isn't getting "insider information", he's getting a chance to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Objective rants aren't as much fun to write. (...) 'Wrong' is an innapropriate word choice - for short-term profit, selling lots of things to one person is better. For keeping as much fans happy as possible, spreading it out more equally is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!

(...) playing (...) on (...) would (...) Here! Here! I am also from GA. I see this practice as wrong for a number of reasons. But the main is that it completely penalizes Georgians. I have spent close to $500 in there since it has opened. Never at (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

A couple of thoughts here: 1. I have no side in this argument. I understand the business practices of the manager. I disagree with them. As I said, I wouldn't be able to convince you if I was God, anyway. Therefore I will let you have the false (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I will... (...) But why should the "system" *not* reward the "more spend happy customers"? Larry spends a whole lot of money at the Outlet. The manager of the outlet has a job: sell LEGO. He is able to do this job *and* do a favor for a good (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Well, not sure which Mike you're talking about, but I personally wasn't called. I personally would like to have gotten some more 6078's. But I personally don't mind that someone else got the call before or instead of me. The only thing I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

While I expect that in a discussion of this length no one will read this, here goes: I see two sides to this argument. One, Larry and whoever else wants to keep there arrangement intact, ensuring the greatest satisfaction. The other side, including (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) If you're talking about the first time around for these sets in the GA store (as opposed to the 2nd time round, or the stock that the VA store had), I would say there was not an unreasonable distribution of them. By the time I called to order (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact