 Dear LEGO / 1367
Re: New policy for LS@h
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:32:41 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:

In article <388167F6.DDCD0D3A@compuserve.com>, 70641.507@compuserve.com
says...
Never mind, you could be in the UK and paying 17% VAT!

It's 17.5% actually.  We buy our LEGO from shops - that's hourly
delivery time.  We have access to Busy-Bee offers weeks before anyone
else.  At least our VAT is included in the price better than US
'Stealth' Sales tax which is added on when you goto the checkout.

Yes, but our "stealth" sales taxes are almost always in the 4-8% range,
much less than your VAT.

Gary Istok