 Off-Topic / Fun / 4078
Re: New policy for LS@h
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:17:00 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Simon Denscombe writes:

It's 17.5% actually.  We buy our LEGO from shops - that's hourly
delivery time.  We have access to Busy-Bee offers weeks before anyone
else.  At least our VAT is included in the price better than US
'Stealth' Sales tax which is added on when you goto the checkout.

Urg.. yes that is irratating.. especially when you have cash-in-hand, and
you've forgotten about it. Although you would think that it would improve
mathematics skills..

Oh, I like the tax in your face so it's rubbed in and annoys you. VAT is
too secret for my taste, people forget about it. I especially like how a
lot of gas stations were posting how little of the price of gas was
actually product and how much was tax.

Tax should be as annoying as possible. VAT is so easy to just ignore
they could raise it to the roof and people would not notice nearly as
much.